• Demon of the Fall

Votes: 53 75.7%

• Total voters

The Evil Toucan

[NOTNO]Parrot
Oct 18, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Visit site
Lookin in the 'heaviest album' thread I saw some posts that said Deliverance was the heaviest with reference to "Wreath" in particular....I always thought MAYH was the heaviest and Demon of the Fall especially.......so vote for the heavier one!

my vote goes for "wreath"...i love this song...

"demon of the fall" is great, but it's overplayed.

I don't think Wreath is exceptionally heavy except for the intro/outro riff. Great song anyway. I don't see Deliverance (album) as that heavy either, compared to the rest of their catalog. It is, just not enough to make it notable.

The thing I notice most is a return of all the fast doublebass parts that declined since MAYH. There there, but it just feels like Deliverance has way more. It might just be that they drums are mixed more up front. I mean, the last 5 minutes of the song BWP is practically one long fast DB roll, but I almost don't notice it.

noone here said but i always feel a cannibal corpse riff in "wreath"...

> noone here said but i always feel a cannibal
> corpse riff in "wreath"...

Yup, reinforced by the line "wearing the face of a ghost" being sung by George Fisher. :)

I'm still not sure what the question is. Demon of the Fall is darker; Wreath is heavier (due to the superior vox and drumming).

- d