Demonoid Tabs

bsoates2000

Jul 17, 2006
Anybody got them? Kristian? Maybe at least post vid of you playing some songs? Or else a whole bunch of us have to get to work tabbing!

I guess you need to start tabbing then! :)
Im not a big fan of recording a bunch of lame videos and littering the web with them. Sorry! Way too much of that stuff out there already. It´s cool if you´re Paul Gilbert or Malmsteen and actually have some cool licks to share but if you happen to be K. Niemann and you play in a band that maybe 10 people have heard of.....naah.
If there are some specific licks youre having troubles with I can try to explain the technique and concept behind them but there´s really not a whole lot of difficult music on "Riders...".
Now, the NEW cd on the other hand will make Zappa sound like a bluesman and Meshuggah will sound like AC/DC in comparison, thats how complex it will be!!!!!!!
Neh, only kidding.

Cheers guys!
/kristian

"... there´s really not a whole lot of difficult music on "Riders..."."

it depends who try to play your songs ;)
I'm listening to Evocation and around 2:38 you start a very fast riff, and I guess it's kind of tricky! ;)
But I won't give up!!!

Have fun!
Céd

There are some Guitar Pro tabs on ultimate-guitar.com. I haven't really played them too much to figure out if they are good tabs but you might want to check them out.

On this website, when I search Demonoid, I only find songs from "Rob Zombie"! are your sure ? :)

I guess you need to start tabbing then! :)
Im not a big fan of recording a bunch of lame videos and littering the web with them. Sorry! Way too much of that stuff out there already. It´s cool if you´re Paul Gilbert or Malmsteen and actually have some cool licks to share but if you happen to be K. Niemann and you play in a band that maybe 10 people have heard of.....naah.
If there are some specific licks youre having troubles with I can try to explain the technique and concept behind them but there´s really not a whole lot of difficult music on "Riders...".
Now, the NEW cd on the other hand will make Zappa sound like a bluesman and Meshuggah will sound like AC/DC in comparison, thats how complex it will be!!!!!!!
Neh, only kidding.

Cheers guys!
/kristian

10 people! Kristian you have no idea how many fans you have! I can name you at least 15 here in Malaysia where I live:headbang:

So, Im thinking of trying to tab End of Our Times, and all Id like to know to help me start off is the tempo. Kristian? Anyone?

90.03 according to MixMeister BPM Analyzer. Here's the complete list:

Wargods - 128.04
Firestorms - 110.03
Withburners - 158.06
14th Century Plague - 118.10
Hunger My Consort - 95.03
The Evocation - 97.53
Arrival of the Horsemen - 90.05
End of our Times - 90.03
Death - 111.03

Joates, do you need any help with it?

Witchburners Solo.

Bar 6 totally wrong (but it is a scalar run), bar 7 has a slightly incorrect rhythm. I will never, ever, ever be able to write a proper note-for-note transcription for bar 6, and I don't think I want to either :p

You got the notes wrong in the first bar in Death.

You wrote:

C#||--------------------------------------||
G#||--------------------------------------||
E ||--------------------------------------||
B ||--------------------7--------6--------||
F#||-----------------------8--7-----8--7--||
C#||--0--0--0--0--0--0--------------------||

It is actually:

C#||--------------------------------------||
G#||--------------------------------------||
E ||--------------------------------------||
B ||--------------------7--6-----6--------||
F#||--------------------------8-----8--7--||
C#||--0--0--0--0--0--0--------------------||
(same as GarionB's tab in proper tuning).

Do what I do - cheat like hell! I use Audacity to cross-check nearly every single note and interval that I hear. For example, here is the (7-6) note on the B string (would be D in standard tuning) selected so that I can playback ONLY that small part of the song:

audacity.png

Then I put in my estimate in Guitar Pro and cross-check it by playing it back along with the original song in rapid succession.

And don't be happy before it is perfect! You can usually hear that something is wrong, a part of you might just not want to admit it because you are lazy. Assume your virtue of dicipline and fix it!

Anyway, it's fine for a beginning. Hope to see them evolve, especially because I have a horribly untrained rhythm-ear.

Yes, you are right. I tabbed those things a long time ago, so I reckon I´d do much better these days. :p Anyways, riffs at such low tunings (C# in this case) are pretty hard to tab. It seems human ear (at least mine) has difficulty in recognizing such low notes in relation to higher ones. Especially so if the notes are palm muted or in some other way distorted.
I have sometimes slowed tabs to practise them, but then again, the more you rely on such tools, the less your ear gets practise in that sort of thing. ;) The most important thing when learning/tabbing a song is to understand what´s going on .. like, "oh, he´s playing a harmonic minor scale from A to C at 16th notes, and then he comes down to G - I´ll just use the most appropriate mode and that´s it!"

I think I´ll check out the Witchburners-solo later on, maybeh I can improve it in some way. Sounds pretty good already.

EDIT: Right, I tabbed the solo to the best of my abilities.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6FXMK0UH

You got the first part somewhat wrong. K changes octaves here, but the sequence is the same. Next the rhythms have some variety, there is a slight pause after 24. Then the tapping part - there are four ascending patterns, and I think my interpretation is pretty close to the real deal. Again, such a pattern is impossible to tab unless you know what´s going on. And that´s my guess. :p After that, there is a nice, smooth arpeggio with slides and a pull off. Then the last sweet arpeggio-thingie - biggest changes to yours are with fingering. I prefer not to leave the 1st string, which makes those nice slides easier. K does them a lot there, so my guess is that way´s pretty close to being correct.

Ah, I thought he used a wah to make those octaves, but what you noted makes much more sense :)

I don't think your sixtol 16th note run is any more correct than mine, but maybe the (slightly) slower ending is. I doubt we'll get any further in this case for a while, though!

Yep, slow and steady. =)

My tapping run might not be correct note to note, but I think it´s idea is the right one. Four ascending, string skipping tapping sequences - each one higher than the last. It´s so fast, all notes don´t even have to go according to the scale for the whole thing to sound ok.

Heyyy everyone.

So, yesterday I decided I will learn Death. Obviously the solo will be the tricky part - we'll see how it goes. I will improve my old tab as I go on and up it here. Wish me luck. ^_^
Hmmh, and yeah, I might ask for your help from time to time - you know, some squeel I can't quite put my finger on or something. ;)

Ok. I've finished the tab as far as guitars are concerned. I don't suppose someone skilled with drum tabbing is around? Would be great to have it with drums as well before I submit it to UG. =) I'm not a drummer, so I won't even attempt to tab them.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RO3XHSCN

Please give me some feedback.

Solo's tapping parts are roughly the same form as what's in the song. Their exact notes are literally impossible to tab. Also, Kristian plays some rhythms with feeling, so their rhythm is to be listened from the song itself. I plan to the song as well as I can and do a cover of it on YouTube. Would be the first Demonoid cover there, which would be sweet. I hope there will be others.

And yeah, I think I read somewhere that the solo was recorded with an E tuned guitar. Makes sense, no need for hard bends in some parts. I'm sure anyone who will attempt the solo knows how to transpose it, so I chose to tab it for C#. :p

Ok, ok. I'll leave before I get a bad association with this band's music. All the best.

Why leave?

I checked out the tab, or rather, just the solo. It's pretty lacking, but at least it is something.

One thing that I notice about it is your approach. Instead of asserting the position, pitch, and length of each note, you just put in something that sound like it. It's very clear that you are not methodically confirming each note that you write down and that you accept approximations. Sure, you got some things right, but it's a long way to go.

I think that instead of approximating the whole solo, you should pick out individual bars and concentrate on perfecting them. Don't proceed to the next if there's errors in the current one. Skip all bars/notes that you do not think you can manage to tab, leave them to someone else. This is what I did with the Wargods tab, and I think that it really paid off. Save for 2 bars, I am pretty sure that it is 95% note-for-note correct.

I think it was a mistake to tab it in C# since you knew already that it is played in E.

But, bottom line: Good job on the rest, I am looking much forward to seeing the YouTube video :)