Den Ständiga Resan guitar riff

exscape

Jul 18, 2007
I can't take it anymore. Where's it from? I know I've heard it before, but not where.
(It's at 00:16, 01:56 etc.)

The thought crossed my mind :p
I'm almost positive it's from a metal song, though. Not sure I've even heard the original.

if you listen to the original song - which i did - you find out there's the same riff so... who knows... the original is from 1992 or so, maybe mikael stole it back in 1996 and put it into TBYF.
but again... get the original, and find out that riff IS in that song :)

"To be honest, when we did "To rid" yes, it was ripped off from Marie! At the time I figured no one would ever know and I was right until we recorded her song. It's basically an e-chord and doing a played volume swell like that has been done a million times. I got it from Marie, her guitarist probably got it from someone else.

What can I say, I wear my influences on my sleeve. I'm usually pretty straight about my rip offs so it's not like I'm trying to make it "mine". It's an homage more or less.

Mike"

And he probably meant "to BID"

if you listen to the original song - which i did - you find out there's the same riff so... who knows... the original is from 1992 or so, maybe mikael stole it back in 1996 and put it into TBYF.
but again... get the original, and find out that riff IS in that song :)

Yea certainly the riff is in the original, and that's exactly what I meant. Mike said in an interview that he's wanted to do the song for 15 years, which hints that he's known about the song during Morningrise sessions and could have used the riff intentionally for TBYF. I'd find that most awesome!

"To be honest, when we did "To rid" yes, it was ripped off from Marie! At the time I figured no one would ever know and I was right until we recorded her song. It's basically an e-chord and doing a played volume swell like that has been done a million times. I got it from Marie, her guitarist probably got it from someone else.

What can I say, I wear my influences on my sleeve. I'm usually pretty straight about my rip offs so it's not like I'm trying to make it "mine". It's an homage more or less.

Mike"

And he probably meant "to BID"

very nice, i knew i had heard of it somewhere too