New Opeth album announced

All people have different tastes,and i know everyone cannot like the same music. But people who´ve never liked Opeth are fucking idiots period. Yeah thats right,Opeth is the only band which are universally plain excellent.

As much as I love them, that statement is just plain stupid. Obviously they're not gonna appeal to everyone, it's the same with any band.

Tounge in cheek statements arent that popular here i see,while i sure do love Opeth,that statement was parodying a lot of other Opeth fans

Glad you pointed that out WIIT, no one else would have known that. Just as well you're here, with all your great musical knowledge. You're not being patronising or anything, in any way. You rock. :Smug:

Despite my sarcastic tone I really DIDN'T know that. (Probably because AIC are fucking shite and I have no interest in their shit songs).

This new album will fucking suck. Mikael thinks they're prog now, but they always were. Since they OFFICIALLY became prog, they've been a bag of shite (Damnation? Shit. GR? Fucking garbage).
Deliverance was prog, but it was heavy as hell and rocked like fuck. It never needed some keyboardist as a band member either, to "flesh out" the sound. They had guitars for that then.
Fuck off at everything mentioned above.

I concur with Belligerent. AiC were not shit in any stretch of the imagination, Damnation was fucking excellent for what it was and GR was simply rushed. They should have added a full time keyboardist a while back, but look at GR... not much difference, even though there is a keyboardist.

All people have different tastes,and i know everyone cannot like the same music. But people who´ve never liked Opeth are fucking idiots period. Yeah thats right,Opeth is the only band which are universally plain excellent.

:rolleyes:

You have a lot of listening to other bands to do dude. Not to mention learning to write posts which aren't paradoxic.

I really enjoy Ghost Reveries and the keys are excellent. Ghost of Perdition,The Baying of The Hounds and Harlequin Forest are easily some of the best opeth songs. I think opeth should record another soft acoustic/electric e.p inbetween albums also. Damnation just can't be a one time thing.

Ghost of Perdition, the Baying of the Hounds, and Reverie/Harlequin Forest are by FAR the best songs on that album.

yeah.

I originally liked The Grand Conjuration which was the first tracked leaked because it was so out there and different than anything else coming out in heavy music in someways making it almost more progressive than others because it was very original with new concept. I generally now skip the song once in awile listen to it finding the song bland compared to those three tracks and majority of the album. Beneath The Mire was one of the album tracks that grew on me and started to eventually really enjoy it.

Can't wait for this new Opeth album. I'm also hoping to do an interview with the guys so we can run a feature on them, which would be awesome.

I can say I've only ever spoken to one person who's into metal who didn't appriciate Opeth, they claimed that they were boring o_O. I'd say they're universally enjoyed by those who like metal though.

Ben

For those of you that haven't heard Robin Trower, here's a video of the song Opeth has covered. (Robin Trower is the guitarist)

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Dk9dzkmdoHQ[/ame]

Yeah my brother hates metal but Robin Trower is one of his all-time favorite bands. I've been trying to convince him he'd like Opeth for years (another one of his favorite bands is Pink Floyd, and there is one metal band he likes: Monolithe). Unfortunately, I don't think even the fact that Opeth covered Trower has convinced him to even check them out...

I can't wait to hear what Opeth's version of Bridge of Sighs sounds like...

It just shows the opinions about this band are massively diverse. I think there was an opinion poll for best album on their forum, and after hundreds of votes each album got around the same percentage of votes. I haven't seen that for any other band.