Desolator - Mass Human Pyre (NEW DEMO!)

no one is expecting Rick Rubin here :) but that is the problem, for instance, if you reamped it in a non-proper way, why did you released like that? dur it was the label pressure because the guys had to go on tour? all in honestly i fell that is more lazyness than trying to be old school
well, it was some pressure to get the demo out, it had already been kinda overdue and tbh even though i didnt use the proper adapters and crap for the reamping it still sounds about 300x better then the amplitube guitars which was@the songs first.

yeah, the demo should've been finished ages ago... i mean, guitars and bass was finished last year (!) and most of the vocals a couple of months ago, so we've been waiting forever for a certain drummer to finish up the tracks and then it gets half assed, so yeah...
as we're releasing the demo as a split with another band, we had certain time restraints in the end (which we wouldn't have had if it had been done 500 years ago)

overall, i'm happy with the demo though; of course it could've been tighter, but as gurra said, it's only a demo to show off what the band sounds like, it's not a full length album.

the only thing i disagree with otherwise is that the songs are worse than on gravefeast; i think everything is alot better than on that demo, especially songwriting wise

So I listened to the demo and apart from the drum issues everybody pointed I can say that the songs are not as good as on the first demo, this time it feels like a collection of riffs that sometimes don't blend together, also the songs here are less "memorable"? than on the first demo (I still remember hearing the first riff from gravefeast and since then I remember exactly how the riff goes/sounds)

The ideas are there but you guys have to work more on arrangements rather than put riff after riff, and yes it's just a demo to show how the band sounds but I think you sounded better on the first demo and you have to work more on how you want to present your band.

I mean I like the songs but you showed more "level" on the first demo...:)

Yeah. 1st demo has songs which i have an urge to listen to, at times... demise, antimortem, second killing. The production itself is faggy on that one but the songs definitely are more memorable and enjoyable.

So I listened to the demo and apart from the drum issues everybody pointed I can say that the songs are not as good as on the first demo, this time it feels like a collection of riffs that sometimes don't blend together, also the songs here are less "memorable"? than on the first demo (I still remember hearing the first riff from gravefeast and since then I remember exactly how the riff goes/sounds)

The ideas are there but you guys have to work more on arrangements rather than put riff after riff, and yes it's just a demo to show how the band sounds but I think you sounded better on the first demo and you have to work more on how you want to present your band.

I mean I like the songs but you showed more "level" on the first demo...:)

haha, odd, the whole band thinks the new songs are alot better than all the songs on the old demo and that the riffs and songwriting is much better :p

also, the songs on the first demo were written over a very long period, so we didn't think the songs were up to date with eachother so to speak

Yeah. 1st demo has songs which i have an urge to listen to, at times... demise, antimortem, second killing. The production itself is faggy on that one but the songs definitely are more memorable and enjoyable.

i think antimortem autopsy is a great track if we remove the intro (which we do when we play it live)
second killing is still great
gravefeast is a classic almost
bludgeoned has the catchy chorus riff, but otherwise the riffs are pretty boring
demise has the first riff which i kinda like (fits with the vocals) but otherwise there's just the amon amarth riff and the at the gates riff which i don't like...
and then there's desolated which is a good song, but it doesn't really represent our sound very well imo

I think it's an awesome effort for being recorded in some random guy's fakken bedroom :lol: And after all it's just a demo, a demonstration, it doesn't HAVE to be crystal clear production and super tight musicianship. If you guys ever get to record a full length there's really no excuses though, be sure to have a new drummer and be picky as fakk when it comes to takes, tightness ect :)

I am still interested in what you guys like better about the songs on the first demo as I cannot understand what makes them better to me all those songs are inferior to these new songs? In the old songs both guitars and bass all played the exact same thing all the time and it just wasn't much there really. Sure those songs still have good riffs and catchy choruses but I myself got tired of them really quick?