Desolator - Mass Human Pyre (NEW DEMO!)

I can program you guys some drums for play-along purposes that will keep the sound tight for future songs till you find a new drummer.

I would have taken that offer if I were you guys, even when I know how to program drums (and I have some serious cool drum tracks written), to have a real drummer doing the stuff is a major plus :) also, that TK cover video was awesome :D

I think it's an awesome effort for being recorded in some random guy's fakken bedroom :lol: And after all it's just a demo, a demonstration, it doesn't HAVE to be crystal clear production and super tight musicianship. If you guys ever get to record a full length there's really no excuses though, be sure to have a new drummer and be picky as fakk when it comes to takes, tightness ect :)

Production is obviously not important on a demo, but tight musicianship is imo. No one will sign a band that cant do one string chugs to a simple beat or clicktrack.
Look at all these oldschool DM-bands from 90s, some demos sounds like crap but they sure as hell can play and they stay on beat.

Production is obviously not important on a demo, but tight musicianship is imo. No one will sign a band that cant do one string chugs to a simple beat or clicktrack.
Look at all these oldschool DM-bands from 90s, some demos sounds like crap but they sure as hell can play and they stay on beat.

Untightness, we mainly wanted a guitar chugging as an intro and didn't care too much about it being absolutely tight ;)

LAZY ASS :D :p :kickass:

not wanting to bitch more, but i think one of the main things that is making shitty music nowadays (not really talking about Desolator because is sorta of a homage), is that people are rushing in trying to "get out there", they can't barely play their parts and want to record a album, other bands members don't even care anymore to find someone that can actually play or sing, because "it can be fixed" in the studio.

The result of this is bands utterly generic music, that have the same recycled riff

back in my days, i would put my guitar in my back, hold a 10kg amp on a fucking bus across the town, just to jam with someone that can actually play

Last edited by a moderator:
and despite the shitty exemples, this is happening in almost all genres.

those are pretty groovy riffs and some cool variations in the songs. one small suggestion is too make it less "flowy" and more choppy. and more frenzied / intense. but pretty kickass demo overall