DESTINATIONS CALLING = HOLY F'N S**T!! LISTEN!!

Metaldrumz

Jul 18, 2002
Wow so I got the new Destinations Calling CD last week, and it is absolutely FLOORING me!!!!

The previous disc is pretty average/mediocre but this new one is AMAZING!! Great production lush melodies, and FANTASTIC vocals.

Check out my DJ myspace page for a full streaming listen of the 8 minute masterpiece "Invisible Walls"!!

http://www.myspace.com/themetalmadman

This should appeal to ANY Melodic Metal Fanatic!!!

ROCK!!!!!!!

Wow so I got the new Destinations Calling CD last week, and it is absolutely FLOORING me!!!!

The previous disc is pretty average/mediocre but this new one is AMAZING!! Great production lush melodies, and FANTASTIC vocals.

Check out my DJ myspace page for a full streaming listen of the 8 minute masterpiece "Invisible Walls"!!

http://www.myspace.com/themetalmadman

This should appeal to ANY Melodic Metal Fanatic!!!

ROCK!!!!!!!

Wow dude, that is some find. That song is awesome. This band is next on my hit list. Thanks for the info...

Yeah great thing is, the whole CD is fantastic. Really reminds me alot of a mixture between Balance Of Power's "10 more tales" disc melody wise, and Headstone Epitaphs "PowerGames" vocal and song wise. Id say the songs have a lil more progressive side to them than Epitaph's stuff though.

I cannot stop playing this disc. This weekend I'll stream another track and post it here when I do.

Not bad but the singer seems a little uninspired...his vocal performance lacks emotion in my opinion....
Hey DrumRman...By the way...when I spoke to you at ProgPower you said you might be able to hook me up with a Pagan's Mind T-shirt for my Father but I haven't heard back from you. Let me know if you still have one.
Thanks

Not bad but the singer seems a little uninspired...his vocal performance lacks emotion in my opinion....
Hey DrumRman...By the way...when I spoke to you at ProgPower you said you might be able to hook me up with a Pagan's Mind T-shirt for my Father but I haven't heard back from you. Let me know if you still have one.
Thanks

I'll dig into my shirt totes later and see what I have.

As for the singer in this band I couldnt disagree more. I think he sounds amazing, and the harmonies are even sweeter. He sorta reminds me of Olaf from Dionysus.

I can tell if I will like a band pretty by the end of the first song I hear. I can tell I will like this, but it really seems to be melodic metal by the numbers, its safe and been done a thousand times. In comparison to another new band that has been talked about I find Evergrace to be better, more dynamic... just my opinion

Bear

I can tell if I will like a band pretty by the end of the first song I hear. I can tell I will like this, but it really seems to be melodic metal by the numbers, its safe and been done a thousand times.

Bear

Logic I never understood. Who cares IMO. If its good its good. In all honesty what hasnt been done?
What I look for is melodies, and choruses that stick in my head, and production that kicks me in the ass.

And thanks for posting those pics from PP!! They came out great! (BTW finally bought the new Vicious Rumors CD \m/)

----------------------------------------------------

Oh and this was recorded by Jan Vacik keyboardist for the band DREAMSCAPE. Mixed by Andy Horn.

Okay well my logic is obviously different than yours, no biggie. I am just getting tired of listening to the same riffs over and over, maybe its why I am liking some bands like Coheed and Cambria and Avenged Sevenfold, call me a sell out, I dont care. right now I am listening to Evergrace, Triosphere and Tears of Anger alot too. I need dynamics!!!

Logic I never understood. Who cares IMO. If its good its good. In all honesty what hasnt been done?
What I look for is melodies, and choruses that stick in my head, and production that kicks me in the ass.

And thanks for posting those pics from PP!! They came out great! (BTW finally bought the new Vicious Rumors CD \m/)

----------------------------------------------------

Oh and this was recorded by Jan Vacik keyboardist for the band DREAMSCAPE. Mixed by Andy Horn.

I pretty much agree with a lot of the posts here....but, damn, it sounds good! I understand the "uninspired" vocal critique...he's good but lacks the intensity that would make it top notch. The overall product is definitely worth further investigation. Thanks for the recommendation!