Destroy the Rift

Destroy The Rift

New Metal Member
Jan 8, 2017
Hey Everyone

Band name is Destroy the Rift and I have put together a small selection of songs some metal (mainly groove) and some post rock
3.gif

Would appreciate it if you could check out this song I have been working on (and others), any feedback would be sweet!

I've been listening to a lot of post-rock recently which inspired me to come up with this - I'm using Reaper, a Line 6 UX2, Ez Drummer and Pod Farm 2.

Thanks & Take it easy

DtR

Well, the first minute or so doesn't sound very metal... Is that just an intro song? I could almost mistake it for electronica or techno by the drums. it's just a bit repetitive, and the synths in the back ground make me see seagulls gently hovering over gentle beaches, not really like, severing heads and spraying blood all over the sand. The Process sounds super gentle. Doesn't sound like metal gentle to me, either. Metal gentle has more uh... Like, steel string electric clean distortion arpeggios and stuff. A few of those might rev it up a little bit. Or just playing a groove metal riff acoustically can sound pretty metal in a gentle way depending on the pace of the riff.
The Claw sounds more metal. But it doesn't sound groove metalish. It sounds more like.... Progressive metal. Like dream theater.
I listened to a few more but I just didn't get groove metal at all out of those. Groove metal is basically playing in a death metal style but all of your riffs consist of a blues scale. That's all that means. Groove metal is stuck on blues scales. I think post rock is your more accurate description.

But hey, it's all good. Your music is talented in the end and it'll probably get lots of attention from women so you're in the clear. Now all you have to do is add super emotional lyrics that turns them on and you're all set. I didn't get a metal vibe from it though.

But still, it's good music. You guys did a good job