Detroit Show 8/16

MichiMikey

Apr 23, 2003
Awesome show, even for a "scary ghetto". They adeed Whole Lotta Rosie to the encore and closed with Bring The Noise. No Indians for us, I wish they would play I Am The Law, hell there were enuff cops and security-it would have been fitting. They are a little too loud for Harpo's. It has poor acoustics, I would rather see them play at the State Theatre. I was a little disappointed at the turnout, but with the power being out and the bad storms we had to go with the power hic-cup, it wasn't a bad night after all. Detroit likes to get behind bands and support them, Anthrax seems to be one of them. :pScott and the fellas were impressed with our moshing, so I guess we still got it. The way they played just brings out the beasts in us all, ya know? :kickass:

evanft said:
I was there dude.It kciked fuckin ass.

And what did you think of the local band reaver?
Gotta say I thought they were pretty good, Drop too! Both were better than the band with the pretty boy singer- was that E-Town? Hey do either Reaver or Drop have anything released on disc?

I don't know about drop,but reaver doesn't.I think that band ur talking about was grand mariss (sp?).They're from canada and were one of the local support bands.

Anywho,reaver is playing the music station in melvindale on saturday,september 6th.There's also a good chance they'll play the upcoming nevermore and arch enemy shows,because the guy who does the bookings knows that they're one of the only bands in the area that can open a metal show.

And a lot of people seemed to really like reaver,They got the biggest response from the crowd out of any of the local bands.And the chick from lacuna coil is hot as hell.

It kicked major ass.

Look pictures- Harpo's pics page for the show

I dug lacuna coil, but I didn't like how they had the vocal levels set. I could only hear the vocals if the all of the band wasn't playing, which sucks because from what I could tell, from the little I heard, it would have been cool.

Reaver did kick ass, even if I perfer metal with vocals I can understand, not a big cookie monster vocals fan. (Thats why I love Anthrax, great vocals with great lyrics and still metal.)

What was the name of the band with the dancing girl? I bought my ticket from one of the singers at the door. I heard him make the oddest thing I have ever heard. In a eminem style of speech and tone I heard the guy say, "I saw Iron Maden and they were off the hook."

Yeah great show.
Vocals sucked bad for Lacuna, especially considering they had 15 min. sound check.
Actually the first couple of song by Thrax the vocals were turned down also, but they got it fixed.
All in all a great show, I'm now convinced that Harpos' acoustics aren't that great.

MrCam said:
It kicked major ass.

The dancing girl was with Drop. I thought that was pretty cool, 'cept both Drop and Reaver needed louder vocal levels.

What was the name of the band with the dancing girl? I bought my ticket from one of the singers at the door. I heard him make the oddest thing I have ever heard. In a eminem style of speech and tone I heard the guy say, "I saw Iron Maden and they were off the hook."