Devin News

PattonFan

Feb 6, 2002
Brisbane, Australia
Visit site
DEVIN TOWNSEND Offers Updates On New STRAPPING YOUNG LAD Album, Other Projects - July 27, 2002

During an exclusive interview with the Italian metal/hardcore portal www.metallus.it, Devin Townsend offered an update on the forthcoming STRAPPING YOUNG LAD CD and a couple of other projects that will keep him busy throughout next year.

First up, the third studio recording from STRAPPING YOUNG LAD will be self-titled and will be tracked during September for a January 2003 release through Century Media Records. The production on the album will be "totally different" from that on the group's last album, City, but still "totally metal," according to Devin. Among the song titles to be include on the album (as previously reported) are: "Devour", "Consequence", "Bring On The Young", "Force Fed", "Last Minute", "Aftermath", and "Dirt Pride".

As for the next record to be released under the DEVIN TOWNSEND banner, it will be called Relationship and will deal with love and relationships between man and woman. The third and last current project is called EKO and is described by Devin as "techno with strange melodies that your parents will enjoy."

For the original posting, go here:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/index.aspx?PageNum=2

You may need to go through the next page if this thread gets old.

Originally posted by PattonFan
...The third and last current project is called EKO and is described by Devin as "techno with strange melodies that your parents will enjoy."

This sounds very intriguing. But until that little gem arrives, I eagerly await the new SYL.

interesting news and yes i am also awaiting impatiently the new SYL (as many other fans i bet) by the way skull_punk , its unusual to see people that knows jethro tull around here , amazing rock band.