the new DTB album

Djöfull

Jan 27, 2002
Iceland
DTB is currently being mastered in Sweden and we are just waiting for the finalizing of the artwork, all to be ready for release hopefully in mid-March. We have posted DTB’s
“Storm”http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/240/devin_townsend1.html
on mp3.com and will be posting “Suicide” closer to the release date.

As mentioned before, Devin will also release his other band The Devin Townsend Band some four weeks (Through Roadrunner) after the Strapping Young Lad album.

from fullstrength webzine

(Devin is cheering to himself over the announcement) “I really like that record. It’s a killer record. It’s my favourite one I’ve done in a while. As you know, the new Strapping Young Lad album sounds like…well Strapping Young Lad! This is more like an updated Ocean Machine, except it’s heavier and more modern. If you’re familiar with Ocean Machine, which I know you are. The first four or five songs are almost pop like. That’s sort of what The Devin Townsend Band are like. I tried to make it so there’s no filler on the record. It’s full of really good songs. It’s like song, song, song, song, song, as opposed to, stream of conscious, part, stream of conscious, song, stream of conscious, ambient bit, song! I think most fans out there believe the next best think to Strapping Young Lad from me is the Ocean Machine album. I really believe that. This will certainly be up there with those albums

hmm... cool

veeery cool! simliar to OM...thats just great. but I'm surprised he says it's going to be heavier than OM. I expected it to be more prog-like.

First off: Im new here, hi to everybody. Finally found a message board with people that are as crazy about Devys music, as I am.

I liked Storm a lot and I bet the new album is gonna be great. Maybe it will be as good as Ocean Machine or even better, even though this is hard to imagine. I cant wait till Suicide will be posted at mp3.com.
One things for sure, the 2 concerts of the european tour im going to soon are gonna be awesome. Why cant time pass faster..? ;)

yeah ill be at the fiddler,i cant wait.storm is incredible,and suicide will be too.

all hail the new god!

Doesn't anyone else think that Terria is simply unstompable?

I'd rather have a hybrid of OM and Terria than a "newer-sounding" OM, but what the fuck would be the reason for bitching? It's Dev, for Cthulhu's sake!!

I'm with AnEmotionalTumor here. Infinity easily gets the nod over OM to me. It's a much more unique and thus incredible ablum. I take Terria first then Infinity and while I love Ocean Machine too, I don't think it's quite in the same class as those two.

I think Ocean machine is a "little" over-rated while Infinity is WAY under-rated.