Devin Townsend

Just downloaded his latest three (he's put out THREE albums since Ki?!?), and from what I've read, I bet they're gonna be tits. I AM VERY EXCITE!!!!!

(as a side note, I'm glad he finally got rid of the skullet and shaved his dome like a sensible person)

Just downloaded his latest three (he's put out THREE albums since Ki?!?), and from what I've read, I bet they're gonna be tits. I AM VERY EXCITE!!!!!

(as a side note, I'm glad he finally got rid of the skullet and shaved his dome like a sensible person)

Addicted and Deconstructed are solid listens, but Ghost is possibly the most boring album ever created. Good luck with that one.

I like boring music.

Oh, by the way, the motherfucker has two, possibly three, more albums due out this year.

Devin said:
I found as a reaction to the complications of decon and the sheer bulk of work thats been going on (seriously, it’s insane) my writing ended up going in 3 ways recently:

1) A very commercial sounding (for the most part) but beautiful and melencholic album full of easy to digest dev songs…Epicloud. I don’t know why it came out, but it did, so I’m going to get it out of my system

2) Casualties of Cool: a duo with myself and Che (ki)… it sounds like haunted Johnny cash songs. late night music, completely isolated sounding and different than anything I’ve done. Che sings most of the leads, and it’s probably the truest reflection of who I am in life at this point. Trying to release it in tandem with Epicloud.

3) Z2 epic epic epic, complicated, musical, sci-fi, immense expense, the goal of it all I suppose.

:kickass:

Been scrolling through some of DT's tweets, and have come across some pretty epic humblebrags. Such as:

Walked into a Vancouver HMV and couldn't place what music was playing. Realized it was Ziltoid, so I left :)

Any way this Juno thing pans out, I'll be happy when its over. It's a particular flavour of stress I'm unfamiliar with. Will be nice to work (I take it Juno is some kind of awards thing)

Very generous and socially very awkward dinner with many surly, wealthy, hard to talk with 'rock guys'... what a strange business. :p funny!

And, also, this:

@Nickelback good show tonight!

:lol:

Addicted and Deconstructed are solid listens, but Ghost is possibly the most boring album ever created. Good luck with that one.

Mainly, because Ghost was meant to be sort of ambient and New Age-y. I think it's also supposed to be a contrast to his bipolarity. Ghost is fucking AH-MAY-ZING to have sex to though :)

So I only just recently realized that the Infinity LP is NOT the originally intended version. The REAL version has the following tracklist:

1. Truth
2. Processional: Star Child Rise / Welcome Home / Metamorph / Infinite Waltz
3. Christeen
4. War
5. Soul Driven Cadillac
6. Om
7. Life Is All Dynamics
8. Unity

.....and HOOOOOLLLLLEEEEEEEEEE SHIT this version is SO MUCH FUCKING BETTER. Totally different album. Transcend-fucking-dental. I never thought tracks like "Ants" or "Noisy Pink Bubbles" or "Bad Devil" (as much as I love it) fit with the rest of the album. And I was right.

Supposedly the studio rushed him to release the album by a certain date, meaning gaymazing cuts like "Processional" and "Om" had to be relegated to EP status.

Anyway......

So I only just recently realized that the Infinity LP is NOT the originally intended version. The REAL version has the following tracklist:

1. Truth
2. Processional: Star Child Rise / Welcome Home / Metamorph / Infinite Waltz
3. Christeen
4. War
5. Soul Driven Cadillac
6. Om
7. Life Is All Dynamics
8. Unity

.....and HOOOOOLLLLLEEEEEEEEEE SHIT this version is SO MUCH FUCKING BETTER. Totally different album. Transcend-fucking-dental. I never thought tracks like "Ants" or "Noisy Pink Bubbles" or "Bad Devil" (as much as I love it) fit with the rest of the album. And I was right.

Supposedly the studio rushed him to release the album by a certain date, meaning gaymazing cuts like "Processional" and "Om" had to be relegated to EP status.

Anyway......

I think that version would be best if Noisy Pink bubbles was still on there. Ants and Bad Devil can definitely go though. Life Is All Dynamics is one of my all time fav tracks.

Yeah, "Sit On The Mountain" would probably fit nicely too. Whatever. I think the main point is this: if you own Infinity, it's pretty much essential that you own the EP too.

I've been listening to THE FUCK out of some Devy/SYL for the past two weeks, including the newest four (+ bonus tracks). I gotta say: this shit is fucking stellar. 5+ hours of music and hardly any weak moments at all ("Disruptr" and "Gato" still suck, and a couple other songs here and there). I definitely disagree with you about Ghost--yeah, it probably could've been shorter, but it definitely fits a certain late-night, Autumn mood, and I can dig it. Shit, I even appreciate Ki now. These albums make much more sense when considered as a whole, which I believe is the point.

Ki shouldn't have been the first one released, though. I think a lot of people (including me) gave up on the project after that. Addicted probably should've been the first one. I would've stayed on board after that, for sure.

"Terminal," "Winter," "Addicted!," "Supercrush!," "Ih-Ah!," "Planet Of The Apes," "The Mighty Masturbator," "Fly," "Blackberry," "Texada," "Ho Krll"......... SO much great material here, it's sickening. I can't wait to hear Epicloud (Sept. 24) and anything he does from here on out. The man is fuckin' UNTOUCHABLE at this point. And something tells me his best is yet to come.

I actually sort of hope he abandons metal entirely.

Yeah, "Sit On The Mountain" would probably fit nicely too. Whatever. I think the main point is this: if you own Infinity, it's pretty much essential that you own the EP too.

I've been listening to THE FUCK out of some Devy/SYL for the past two weeks, including the newest four (+ bonus tracks). I gotta say: this shit is fucking stellar. 5+ hours of music and hardly any weak moments at all ("Disruptr" and "Gato" still suck, and a couple other songs here and there). I definitely disagree with you about Ghost--yeah, it probably could've been shorter, but it definitely fits a certain late-night, Autumn mood, and I can dig it. Shit, I even appreciate Ki now. These albums make much more sense when considered as a whole, which I believe is the point.

Ki shouldn't have been the first one released, though. I think a lot of people (including me) gave up on the project after that. Addicted probably should've been the first one. I would've stayed on board after that, for sure.

"Terminal," "Winter," "Addicted!," "Supercrush!," "Ih-Ah!," "Planet Of The Apes," "The Mighty Masturbator," "Fly," "Blackberry," "Texada," "Ho Krll"......... SO much great material here, it's sickening. I can't wait to hear Epicloud (Sept. 24) and anything he does from here on out. The man is fuckin' UNTOUCHABLE at this point. And something tells me his best is yet to come.

I actually sort of hope he abandons metal entirely.

I actually tagged a seperate version of Ki minus Disruptr and Gato and gave that version to my girlfriend as I feared those two tracks would make her not wanna finish the album. I was right, and she totally loves my edited version of Ki.

Is she hot?

TOP 10 DEVIN TRACKS AS OF THIS VERY MOMENT (no order):

Unity
Deep Peace
Canada
Hyperdrive (Ziltoid version)
Sit In The Mountain
The Death Of Music
Life
All Hail The New Flesh
Winter
Suicide

I'm going to keep bumping this thread. Oh, yes.

Is she hot?

TOP 10 DEVIN TRACKS AS OF THIS VERY MOMENT (no order):

Unity
Deep Peace
Canada
Hyperdrive (Ziltoid version)
Sit In The Mountain
The Death Of Music
Life
All Hail The New Flesh
Winter
Suicide

I'm going to keep bumping this thread. Oh, yes.

Yes she's very hot. Also, Tiny Tears needs to be on there.

Every dude on the internet says his girlfriend is hot. You can see where I'm going with this.............

(pics plz)

2zecriq.jpg

2eezjp5.jpg

2brwjq.jpg

5yx34.jpg

I got lots of pics of us together if you need proof brah.