DFH SUPERIOR AND CUBASE 4

C_F_H_13

Protools Guru
Mar 21, 2006
Kelowna, B.C. Canada
Hi guys,

So although I've owned it since it came out, I've been using DFH in protools, with quite limited success. I ended up getting the BFD converter and using it with that engine.

I got a PC now with cubase 4 and was hoping someone here could help me get it setup right in that program. I'm VERY NEW to cubase and I'm having alot of trouble getting it to work!

Whenever I load up a kit, lets say the sonor for example, I can only get it to trigger the kick...then it crashes. Any Ideas why?

Also anyone got a template they could send me, or a link to a good resource for it?

My system is an intel 64-bit dual core, 4 gig of ram, and a separate internal drive for the actual sound files.

THANKS

go back a few pages and there's a DFH tutorial video that this guy Mendel made. It's really good. No clue about the crashing though, sorry

Whenever I load up a kit, lets say the sonor for example, I can only get it to trigger the kick...then it crashes. Any Ideas why?

I'll take it from here. *Ahem*. Because it's a PC. Problem solved.

*KIDDING* but I just had to do it. :p

~e.a

I'll take it from here. *Ahem*. Because it's a PC. Problem solved.
*KIDDING* but I just had to do it. :p

~e.a

hahahaha I know it's a joke, but I was on a mac!!!

Anyways those videos are sweet. I still can't get it to work properly though. I emailed toontrack and there response was basically "you installed something wrong"....so I've reinstalled 3 times now doing it slightly differently and still nothing..

Ah well.....

Hi guys,

So although I've owned it since it came out, I've been using DFH in protools, with quite limited success. I ended up getting the BFD converter and using it with that engine.

I got a PC now with cubase 4 and was hoping someone here could help me get it setup right in that program. I'm VERY NEW to cubase and I'm having alot of trouble getting it to work!

Also anyone got a template they could send me, or a link to a good resource for it?

My system is an intel 64-bit dual core, 4 gig of ram, and a separate internal drive for the actual sound files.

THANKS

you're problem is most likely 64-bit / driver related

what operating system are you runnin'? i run windows xp pro on a 64 bit dual core (amd), and i have 2 gigs of ram, i can load 3 drum sets via 3 instances of dfhs pain free

Ok...even after talking with toontrack it just won't work. HOWEVER.....strangely enough it works flawlessly on my protools rig now....go figure hahaha

Thanks all.