DFH Superior

JoeJackson

Oct 9, 2007
Germany
Hey guys ...
as I wrote in my Addictive Drums-Thread - I wanted to lay an eye on DFH Superior and now I have the chance to.
I borrowed the whole DAW of a friend - Superior included.

I haven't had the time to really check out the application BUT I have an important question:

Can I somehow extract the sounds of one drumset? Fact is, I have not enough space on my internal harddisc (macbook) to carry every instrument with me. So what I want to do is:
- Install the sounds to my external harddisc
- set up my favourite drumset
- save only the sounds of THIS set on my macbook and store the rest on my external

Is that possible? If not, I don't even need to think about buying superior :(

I guess it should be possible to install everything to your internal drive and delete the files you don't need afterwards. Installing do an external drive and copying only specific files to the local drive might be a problem as you can't tell the program where to look for the files.

Hm, I don't have Superior, was just guessing... Aren't there subfolders for the individual drums? EZDrummer has them...
One way would be to load your desired drumkit, start a loop that plays all the drums/cymbals/hats you need and then start renaming foldernames in the Superior install directory (e.g. put a "_" in front of the standard folder name). Once you get an error message while renaming or a drum/cymbal/hat is missing from the playback you know that you've hit a folder that you need to copy.