Question regarding DFH Superior (need help)

spycam

Ruination
Sep 12, 2006
www.ruination.lt
My neighbour asked me to ask about DFH Superior problem he got after reformatting his HD, reinstalling WinXP and all the other stuff... After installation of all plugins and instruments he got he tried loading some of his projects to see how they sound and he found out, that DFH Superior doesn't sound like it did before, meaning his kick drum now sound on left and snare on right, no hats and cymbals at all...

Maybe you know what problem it could be?

The same instrument on old projects sounded good and now it doesn't...

My neighbour asked me to ask about DFH Superior problem he got after reformatting his HD, reinstalling WinXP and all the other stuff... After installation of all plugins and instruments he got he tried loading some of his projects to see how they sound and he found out, that DFH Superior doesn't sound like it did before, meaning his kick drum now sound on left and snare on right, no hats and cymbals at all...

Maybe you know what problem it could be?

The same instrument on old projects sounded good and now it doesn't...

What host software is he using? It is a routing issue that needs to be fixed in side the host software.

I don't know about software, but he says he used those peojects to play fine in that software before, but not anymore. As i know, he doesn't route anything to other software

I don't know about software, but he says he used those peojects to play fine in that software before, but not anymore. As i know, he doesn't route anything to other software

What host software is he using? It is a routing issue that needs to be fixed in side the host software.

Not saying this is the problem but you totally misread what he said.

Not saying this is the problem but you totally misread what he said.

Not so much....reinstallation can set some stuff back to a default setting. Bottom line there is no way to help if he does not provide more info.

any ideas? routing has nothing to do, instrument is loaded right in the host app

Explain why you assume it is "right". Not saying you are wrong but the possibility of it routing wrong through the host is high enough to at least investigate it. There are a few Host's that route stuff in stereo pairs which causes the kick to hard pan one way and the snare to hard pan another way (in addition to other insturments). One example would be Sonar. If he is using Sonar < 6.2 then that is your answer. You seriously need to provide some more info.