Son of the Darkest Blues
Feb 20, 2004
No hometown, Ontario.
www.woodsofypres.ca
The Brown Gibson WOODS OF YPRES DG-SG:
photo.php

More Photos here:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=56529&l=11119&id=512430671

I bough this guitar new in 2005, used it for writing and recording the main riffs for "Woods III", and this is the only guitar I've ever used live as frontman of WOODS OF YPRES. It's final WOODS OF YPRES show would have been our performance at the NOCTIS festival in Calgary earlier this fall. It was my 'dream guitar' for a long time before I bought it, but I feel that it is the right time to part with it and find it a new home. I played the hell out of it, but it's been well taken care of and it's still in near perfect shape.

I will post a link on ebay later today. The bidding will start at $1000, w/ case + shipping. The auction will last for seven days, ending on the evening of Sunday October 26th.

Thank you! :heh:

David Gold - \w/

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

UPDATE: The link has been posted. The auction has begun.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120320932554

:kickass:

We will see how much the bidding goes to, if it's not to much over 1000$ I probably will be taking this fine guitar home, but we will see because I also want to get a Diezel amp which = lots of $$$$$$$. Well hopefully you get some high bids David and also I hope it goes to a good home.

For much cheaper fun: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120320992650

"Memories of NOCTIS II, Calgary!" For fun and entertainment purposes, you are bidding on my (David Gold from WOODS OF YPRES') ALL ACCESS PASS from the NOCTIS II Festival in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, October 4th, 2008 (w/ bands WOODS OF YPRES, AHAB and KORPIKLAANI, DARK FOREST, VERBAL DECEPTION, BEGRIME EXEMIOUS and URHEIMAT). The pass has been autographed on the front in permanent gold ink. On the back, I wrote my favourite lyric from the WOODS OF YPRES song "The Sea of Immeasurable Loss", taken from the "Woods I", the "Against the Seasons" album, which was performed at the NOCTIS II festival. But that's not all... The winning bidder of this item will also receive my hotel room key from our shortlived (but beautiful) stay at the downtown Calgary Sheraton Hotel. As part of the story goes, we had been set up in some sweet rockstar hotel rooms on the 10th floor by the promoter which included king size beds, a balcony view of the city, fresh fruit, booze, chips and salsa and delicious, complimentary chocolate dinosaurs (in a variety of our favourite dinosaur shapes!)... But back at the hotel after an amazing show by all bands, we attended the infamous 'NOCTIS After Party' down the hall with all the bands and crew for about as long as it took me to eat about 4 slices of all meat pizza and drink 2 cups of dark, delicious draught from the keg before the cops stormed in and not only kicked us out of the party, but right out of the hotel and on to the street with all our gear at 2 am!!!!! I had only BEGUN to flirt with the local metal girls!!! Plus, get this, they were DICKS about it (can you even imagine that? Cops!)!! WOODS OF YPRES and co, AHAB (Germany) and co, as well as all the local Calgary crew all got booted out onto the street and into the warm and totally tolerable autumn night, but somehow Finland's KORPIKLAANI was allowed to stay in the hotel (though rumor was, THEY were the only ones to cause any damage to the hotel! anyways...). In commemoration of these legendary events in Canadian Black Metal History, I have also autographed the hotel key and wrote 'Calgary Rocks!' across the stripe on the back, because, well, it fuckin' does! Happy bidding and good luck!!! Thanks! David Gold - woodsofypres@hotmail.com w/

Who's got a buck? :)