DI question

Jul 16, 2008
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and also new to recording. I was wondering if anybody had any tips for DI recording. My problem is when i record my guitar it sounds real dry, and i was wondering how to achieve a full sound other than adding reverb which is what i tend to stay away from. I use a 6505+ with a les paul and not so good pickups. Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

The point of a DI signal is dry tone :lol: You then use the DI signal either to send back to an amp through a reamp box, or add some amp simulation plugins to the effects chain in this order: overdrive (optional) -> preamp simulator -> impulse, or through a full amp simulator.

Nah, i think i know what he means. I've heard some pretty good DI tracks arround here that totally blow mine away if we speak about clarity of tone n all. I got a Focusrite Saffire Pro, ltd deluxe with em 81. And it just sounds dull compared to other DI tracks. Still don't know what the problem is :( I use 30 euro cables from planet waves(bad or...?)