DI with speaker simulation

VH100R

Jul 13, 2006
Porto, Portugal
Any of you tried the behringer Ultra GI 100? that DI with the 4x12" sim?

I've heard good things about it and I'm thinking getting one now that I have my amp in my house to record some pre production.

take care:kickass:

VH100R said:
Any of you tried the behringer Ultra GI 100? that DI with the 4x12" sim?

I've heard good things about it and I'm thinking getting one now that I have my amp in my house to record some pre production.

I own one. It does a good job as a DI and the speaker emulator isn't bad.
I hooked up and old BOSS ME-5 to check the cabinet simulation and it sounded pretty slick, although I wouldn't consider using it for speaker emulation now that tools like Guitar Rig have customizable speakers and mic placement emulations.

Although I preffer to mike a cab over any speaker emulation anytime anyday.

Jackal_Strain said:
Of course nothing beats the real thing(micing up a cab), but the 4x12 emulation in the Behringer DI beats the pod.

Good to hear that!

And how about comparing the Behringer to the cabinet sims on guitar rig2?

I know you can do shitloads of combinations on GR2, but has anyone tried both situations? If so, which one you got the more realistic sound?

if ya got any clips using the Beh I would apreciate too...

VH100R said:
And how about comparing the Behringer to the cabinet sims on guitar rig2?

I know you can do shitloads of combinations on GR2, but has anyone tried both situations? If so, which one you got the more realistic sound?

From my experience, the Guitar Rig 2 cabs don't sound very good - and it's all but impossible to run more than one cab on it too, because you get an annoying whine that's incredibly hard to get rid.

The cabs actually sound better if you just use Guitar Rig as a cab sim - but if you're going to use your computer for cab simulation, you might as well use impulses instead because they sound so much better than anything else.

Steve