Diablo III

Gotta agree with blizz that the fans have a very selective and "screwed up" memory of D2.

Looking forward to first patch for D3.. hopefully they fix a bit of the OP abilities (like smoke screen for DH) and balance some of the borderline useless skills some classes have (Looking at you WD :D)

But overall, this game is fucking great.
Having so much fun and its definitely a challenge later on.

If anyone is playing EU and wanna group a bit, hit me up :)
got a 50 WD and a 37barb and bunch of low level chars im experimenting with.

The main problem with smoke screen is that that's about all the defense a DH has. They should have been more creative, seems like they just took the easy way out by saying "let's just make those dudes invulnerable as long as their resources last. problem solved.". If they change smoke screen they will have to come up with something else. maybe give vault something nice. I think they did a far better job on Wizards defensive abilities, although they might also be slightly OP.

The only defensive ability the wizard has which is worth anything is Diamond Skin, in combination with Energy Armor with the Force Armor rune. Means that instead of everything one-shotting you in hell, it'll at least 3-shot you once Diamond Skin runs out. It's an awkward class to play. Lacks fluidity. I've respecced to playing a really boring DoT build, where I basically spam Blizzard and Venom Hydra, running around like mad trying to dodge enemies while they slowly erode their health. Not exactly thrilling gameplay.

that's exactly the build my wizard partner is playing. though that may seem awkward to play, i still find it somehow better thought through than being either 1 shot or being godmode thanks to smoke screen. That's just too drastic in my opinion.

Now that I'm lvl 60 I'm wondering if I should farm items and try Inferno or just start another char. What are you guys planning to do?

Now that I'm lvl 60 I'm wondering if I should farm items and try Inferno or just start another char. What are you guys planning to do?

I think I'll try to play through inferno. If it seems like I don't have a chance to do it, I'll start to play a DH. I think they look pretty interesting.

I got a bit of char ADD atm, where im jumping between different chars.
But im gonna hopefully settle on one and then the min/maxing begins with farming hell/inferno and hunting good deals on AH.

Would most likely also have a main alt going on at the side lines :)

Well, Demon Hunter just got a bit harder with the smoke screen nerf. so at least it will be a challenge again.

that's the way it should be imho. diablo was always about farming your way to the top, despite all the nostalgic claims that d2 was oh so much different. right now i'm halfway through act 2 inferno and as soon as something touches me i get clusterfucked to oblivion. then again, if anything hits me i'm playing bad anyway. but that's just my opinion. although i'm playing probably the most powerful class (from what i can tell) it is still a challenge to keep smoke screen and other abilities up. if i don't pay attention for a fraction of a second i am instantly dead.

I've not been playing it enough to progress much further than mid Act II on the first difficulty. Got to lvl 22 as a barbarian, got bored of it, then switched to monk. Much more fun. Think I'm at lvl19 now. I feel so slow compared to the rest of you :lol:

Really pissed at all the glitching in the Auction House. I accidentally wasted a ton of cash buying items I had no idea I was actually buying. The house would tell me that my buyout had 'timed out', but then half an hour later I'd suddenly realize that hundreds of thousands of gold coins were missing from my stash, and only after would be shown that those purchases actually went through.

grrr! Feels a bit like the whole thing is still in beta.

I've had even less time lately but I did get a Demon Hunter to lvl 40 and damn it's much more fun than my lvl 60 Barbarian.

^
Yeah the AH is problematic every now but I really prefer that to waiting for the release 5 more months because of it. And actually while I've had problems with it it has always made it up later on with some 'refund'. I don't think it has cost me any gold other than due to my own stupidity - I bought 3-4 items, one at a time (i.e . buy-send to stash-buy next one-send to stash), and when I saw I can't send the last one because my stash is full I went and sold some "random" sword I had in there to free up space which turned out was one of the items I had just bought and I didn't realize it until after the cancel timer had run out. Felt pretty stupid but only lost 30k or so. I've traded commodities for a bigger income :D

I lol'd

People who've tried rushing Caverns of Arenae too early know why :D

Last edited by a moderator:
So anyone made profit from the RMAH?

So far I sold 5 low-level legendaries for €3-€7(excl. fees), nothing in the €250 or even €10+ range, sadly. EU server seems to be far less crazy than US, unsurprisingly. Although there have been reports of ridiculous €250 sales every now and then, other than that mostly Stormshields and high-dps 1-hand weapons.

Ermz, what's the situation in AUS? Is the RMAH out?

So anyone made profit from the RMAH?

So far I sold 5 low-level legendaries for €3-€7(excl. fees), nothing in the €250 or even €10+ range, sadly. EU server seems to be far less crazy than US, unsurprisingly. Although there have been reports of ridiculous €250 sales every now and then, other than that mostly Stormshields and high-dps 1-hand weapons.

Ermz, what's the situation in AUS? Is the RMAH out?

My band's drummer has made a little over $100 now on the AH, I think his highest selling item was $9 though. I'm pretty impressed though with the concept that we can actually make some cash playing a game haha.