Di'anno's memorable return?

SAUCYJACK

New Metal Member
Mar 1, 2003
Yorkshire Moors
Visit site
hmm....sigh..hmmm..
so, ive just got back from Bradford, aye, it was the return of everyones oldest pal, Sir Paul of Di'anno.
well, what can i say....
where do i start...
ok..firstly, Angelwitch pulled out, the Groundhogs replaced them, but failed to show up (back to this point later)
1st on were Hurricane Party, sadly ive seen em' before, and theyve never really kicked up a storm with me....'wind-breakers' may be a more suitable name.
so, next on, we thought were the Groundhogs....on walked a scruffy looking buch of roadies...with instruments....hmm we thought*...they started to play....hmm...then a rather bloated figure casualy walked on stage...we thought nothing about it, until he began to sing...'oh my fucking god'..it was Sir Paul!
The sound was terrible, the band did him no favours what-so-ever, they would be outplayed down your local boozer any day of the week, and Sir Paul...hmm, well i suppose he was carrying a back injury, and the fact that the beer was bloody crap didnt help, but i was sooo damn dissapointed.
and to top it all off, he didnt like being filmed!!(or maybe it was his manager telling him, to tell us) *aaaaargh*..and worse still (nearly forgot) they didnt play Charlotte. *boo-hoo*
so what could have been a triumphant night of nostalgia, turned into one of those gigs you wished you hadnt bothered with..
it really hurts me saying this, as Sir Paul seems to be a decent bloke...but he really needs to get his 'house in order', and then maybe when they come back, which is soon, i may wake the next morning with a stiff neck, tonight sadly, i dont have a hair outa' place.

*now wheres mi' cuppa-tea?
bawl1.gif

Sorry to hear that Saucy. Time certainly has not been kind to Paul, of course, Paul hasn't been kind to Paul. The extra neck tattoos, the piercings and the weight make him look totally different.

I feel lucky. I got to see him in the height of his Battlezone days in a small clube here. He was at the place way early and shot pool with all comers and had a few beers. His show was excellent! Ah... those were the days...

Alas here we are almost 24 hours on and i still can't believe how bloody awful they realy were.

Saucy Jack summed it up "what could have been a triumphant night of nostalgia, turned into one of those gigs you wished you hadnt bothered with.."

theres nothing i can add to make everything better....:zzz:

*puts live after death cd on to cheer myself up*