Dickheads! (whinging thread)

mattt

Yes.
Feb 4, 2002
I was driving to the city today and It was absolutely pissing down raining I could only do about 70 in a 100 zone because you simply couldn't see. The car ahead was also doing a similiar because the conditions were so bad. BUT, you get these dickheads overtaking you doing around 100 in SLIPPERY conditions plus you can't see what the fuck is coming!! These people are absolute morons!

whinge #2

yay! election time again! Qlders have gotta vote on Feb 7, what a fucking inconvience, we've gotta vote 3 times this year! (local/state/federal)
fuckers!

I love people who think that when the sign says 100, they can drive at 100, no matter how bad the weather conditions are. I was driving to a friend's wedding once, and on part of the freeway at Blacktown the rain was so bad you could hardly see. They didn't stop all these idiots roaring past at 100+. Total morons.

Its unfortunate those idiots kill other people just as often as themselves though :(

Two points on this.

1. I continually get in arguments at work with dickwits that insist that if the Police book people for speeding, then they should also book them for doing less than the speed limit.

2. A guy I used to work for used to drive Hire Cars in Canberra for politicians. One evening he was driving a former federal transport minister home, and it was pissing down rain. Derek commented that people seemed to drive faster in the rain. Politician replied that you had to drive faster, so you spent less time on the wet roads with idiots. (and was apparently serious in that).......He had some really good stories about the various politiicans who asked the Commonwealth cars and Canberra hire cars to drive across town to pick up flowers while they spent a quick half hour in Fyshwick.

Shannow said:
Two points on this.

1. I continually get in arguments at work with dickwits that insist that if the Police book people for speeding, then they should also book them for doing less than the speed limit.
I would reply that it isn't actually against the law to drive BELOW the speed limit, only ABOVE it. You CAN be booked if you're driving is considered to be obstructive, but that's pretty rare. Slow drivers are annoying (I nearly deliberately hit one today -- dumb fuck was driving a Merc at 30kays approaching a green light, then SLOWED DOWN EVEN MORE to go around the corner) but they're not actually breaking the law.

Or Camrys while they are wearing bowling hats.

We have two bowling greens and a croquet field that form the Lithgow Bermuda Triangle.

There's less than a kilometre between each of the points of the triangle, and it's crap Thursday through Sunday.

damn right, there are some fucking stupid drivers out there. It's sad that on too many times people who are minding their own business are involved in accidents.

Until a government introduces variable speed limits (which would change according to traffic and weather conditions), they really don't give a shit about the road toll.

That, and stop stealing our income taxes, registration costs, petrol taxes, and road tolls, and invest some of it into decent roads.

It's got fuck all to do with roads these days. They just put a brand new section on the highway near the NSW/QLD border and people STILL die there. Why? Because they try to drive too far, too fast. Slow down and stop now and then for fuck's sake. We could have the best roads in the world, but that won't matter while they keep falling asleep at the wheel

Gorie,
depends on what, where, and when.

There's very strong evidence (that has arisen from pilot's training) that on some stretches of road, there should be increased speed limits. A dead straight section of road doesn't stimulate the drive enough at 100km/hr to keep their mind on the job.

There's irrefutible evidence that with divided road you eliminate head on accidents in their entirety. However, governments (in spite of the bicentenial road tax of 2 cents per litre that we are still paying) still have us "jousting" at a closing speed of 200km/hr on undivided road with heavy vehicles on major interstate routes.

A guy I know was very lucky to have a stroke on the Hume Highway between Canberra and Sydney. He didn't head on a truck or bus, and failed to bounce of any immovable roadside objects. If he was driving between Lithgow and Mudgee, he would have been history (and so would another family of people in all likelihood).

A local teacher is in jail for cresting rise, and finding a car parked in the rmiddle of the road, turning right. He swerved (unfortunately INTO the oncoming traffic). Killed people. At the inquest, a local resident produced copies of the numerous letters to the RTA requesting that the intersection be fixed. It was, but he's still got weekend detention, and lost his family. A mate of mine was Liberaced at that same spot 5 years previously.

A lot could be done with the money that we are ALREADY paying for the roads. Fuck, with the taxes they get, we could have pinball machine style bump guards along every bit of road in the country.

We are starting to come to terms with fatigue. It's a real killer. As a kid, Dad would pick us up from school Friday night, drive to Melbourne, we'd arrive at 3AM. we'd have 7 allotments with relatives (morning tea with one, lunch with another, afternoon tea with another, then dinner with another), before leaving Melbourne at 4P.M. Sunday for the drive back to Adelaide. That was bullshit, and I still have troubles convincing my Dad that he should not drive interstate after work on a Friday afternoon.

BTW, I've got a Dr. Karl "clock" shirt that I wear at holiday time.

But the road toll simply provides an excuse to raise revenue, speed cameras, radar traps etc, when every day I see at least two semi traliers plough through red lights at 80km/hr, and cars fly through pedestrian crossings with pedestrians on them (Twice, I've been the pedestrian, and the cops have been within two car lengths of the arseholes, and I've later seen the same cop cars trolling for speeding tickets on the highway).

Actually, I think I better get off the soapbox.

You're right, it's a two way street.

But as a former victorian, I visit family regularly. It continues to amaze me how the goat tracks suddenly become roads when I hit the Murray River.

What about mobile phones? Could someone care to explain how talking on a phone while driving in a straight line can be dangerous?