Dickheads! (whinging thread)

I've been swerved at by idiots (Police included) who are fumbling trying to answer mobiles. But usually only when answering them.

I'm against mobiles in the hands of the drivers, but am also against smoking and McDonalds while driving.

Yeah well to some extent you're right Shannow. The road over the mountain is fucking bad. I've nearly been taken out twice in the last few days at Glenbrook (almost in the same spot) and I haven't even started living there yet! Mind you, it was the drivers at fault both times. First time, some wanker in a ute with a trailer just pulled out of the servo at Mann Street right in front of us and today when I went up to sign the lease on the place we're moving to, some old coot in Honda 4WD pulled out to go past a truck while I was right next to him!

agreed, it's not always the drivers. but still, driver education is still lacking...
I was driving up North near the QLD border a while back on the Pacific Highway. Pretty unnerving, I'd only been driving for about 1.5 yrs, and it was the first time on the highway. It was night, so i couldn't see *that* much. It was fucking unnerving having people driving up my arse at 110kmph. The distance some of em were driving wasn't safe even at 70km, let alone 110. And having huge trucks doing the exact same thing was scary to say the least!! Dont' drive up peoples arses!

and as for mobiles, i've seen people on mobiles who've got no fuckin idea what's happening around them.... the car starts to drift, and it could be nasty..

Smoking, mobiles, and eating.

Anyone seen people reading magazines n shit whilst driving?!?! FUCK! I couldn't believe it... I saw some woman was reading a magazine whilst driving. Not just taking a glance, but trying to read the thing. Rearranging the mag and everything. This was on a 80km road with plenty of traffic. Unebelievable!!

alright, alright, enough from me ;)

edit: GR might be right. just ban driving

Ill agree that LIGHTING a cigarette while driving is dangerous but actually smoking one while driving isn't at all. What about drinking (not alcohol) while driving, that would be just as dangerous as if you were eating.

Im guility of:
Drinking softdrink/water etc while driving
Smoking/Lighting a smoke while driving

but i always pull over if my phone rings. In Qld its a $275 fine and 3 points if you get busted...

I hate people who: drive over the speed limit
don't use a blinker
Are using their mobile on a freeway,turning corners,changing lanes
Parents who don't make sure their kids are in seat belts the entire journey or beahing themselves reasonably.
People who get overly angry at other drivers therefore putting their car and others in danger.

It's comepletey different, lighting a smoke means you take your eyes off the road, smoking a cigarette means you take you take one hand off the wheel, which you do anyway when you change gears.

Exactly, so you are saying we should ban people taking their hands off the steering wheel.

Which means no one can change gears.

I bet everyone here who drives is guilty of change there sterio in the car whilst driving, and you take your eyes off the road for that. Maybe we should ban sterios in cars as well.

Has anyone ever looked at scenery whilst driving? you all would have.

Conditions like this don't make a bad driver, being a bad driver makes a bad driver

i know a dude who crashed his car while changing cds in car... dickhead...