Election '08

Steve, here is the honest truth. Take it as you wish.

I did not want to come meet with you, or meet your girlfriend the other day, because I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN. Yes, I knew this would happen, but idiot me did not do what I should have to prevent it. I should have known you would probably want to talk politics the day after the election, but we have never agreed on anything politically, so I would prefer to avoid political discussions with you.

But no. We were fine talking about music, but YOU had to bring up politics, an area YOU KNOW we don't agree in, then proceed, in your unique demonstrative way, to make me feel like shit in front of your girl. I tried to change the subject several times, for instance to the movie "W.", but all you could say about that was you wouldn't want to see it unless it was 100% critical of Bush. Nice 'open mind' you have there Steve. I hope you scored whatever points you were shooting for with her, because you threw me right under the bus.

Hmmm... this was a post which should have been sent through private message.

What does this have to do with the topic or the forum? It was clearly designed specifically to bash a forum member. Not cool.

I feel like a teacher scolding a student, so let me say this, to clear my good name:

Cut this bullshit out! Don't be a sore-ass loser. It's just plain sad. If you get so butt-hurt by talking to someone who may have a different opinion than yours, move to Mississippi or some other red state.

It's just the election of a new figure-head! Why should it drive a wedge between friends? Democrats have eaten 8 years of shit, and had to shut up and enjoy republican's gloating. Big deal! We'll all live through it...I hope.

done

Besides, since when have guys stopped trying to impress chicks?

I'd put Sorrells name on the Montgomery Ward mailing list if it made me look better to some hot babe...:)

Truthfully, we are all adults here. To say that someone "drug" you into an argument that you didn't want to be have is dumb. Arguments or discussions by their nature require at least two consenting people. Without that it just becomes a lecture...and you can always walk away.

~B

Unlike Scott, I will address this in a private message. I have no need to build character by standing my ground in public.

Steve K and Scott your passion for your side is really great. This election was stressful and more meaningful than any other before it , but like I stated earlier , wheather you agree or disagree with the outcome we still need to believe in America and the democracy which we live in.Times are hard and the doom and gloom attitudes need to change, the darkest days are ahead but the light will shine again. I believe that life is %10 what happens and %90 how we respond to it.We are in charge of our own attitudes.

Steve K and Scott your passion for your side is really great. This election was stressful and more meaningful than any other before it , but like I stated earlier , wheather you agree or disagree with the outcome we still need to believe in America and the democracy which we live in.Times are hard and the doom and gloom attitudes need to change, the darkest days are ahead but the light will shine again. I believe that life is %10 what happens and %90 how we respond to it.We are in charge of our own attitudes.

That's the problem....I am not being passionate about anything. I expressed my views, without raising my voice, and, like always, Scott got defensive. I have no need to get defensive because it's just my opinion. I am neither right or wrong (or right or left, LOL). This is coming across as if I argued. I'm only pissy that Scott is like the bully of the internet and bitches at everything that he takes offense to and assumes everyone is as angry as he is. Hell, my guy won. I ain't angry. Why in the world would I even entertain a political argument AFTER my Country spoke their piece and voted for my guy? I was getting upset at his reply, his attitude, and the anger that he has thrown at me for seven years now.

If you wanna see passion I will talk about the Prop 8 thing. I'm not happy at all with that result. But, again, there will be no anger, because it's JUST A FREEKIN OPINION. No one is paying me to get angry over any issue.

The internet flame wars that Scott has been part of and I have been on the receiving end of for too long are always because of some pent up anger that he has. The dementia thing a few years ago started with me saying "I'm at the store buying my daughter's birthday present, I don't have time for this" and it got turned into some B.S. drama that had nothing to do with me. here we go again. I am happy with the three or four hundred friends I have and am very aware that I have burned four or five bridges with people who I just don't need in my life anyway. Does anyone in here HAVE to like everyone? I don't like negativity. I don't like religion force feeding opinions on people or in my band's forum (and "no" Scott, that has nothing to do with you so no need to go into a rant about that now), and I do not like people bashing other people in a public forum (that's for PM as Sorrell said). If I am being taken as if I am bashing anyone, I truly apologize...but read back...I didn't say anything in my original comments that was bashing anyone. Scott DID bash me. It's right there in his own text. I'm done with him and his crap. He can go to someone else's forum and do what he does at EVERY forum he goes to...pisses in peoples' shot glasses.

Now I know this comment will turn his face red and he'll come in exoploding with his hate comments, but he just received some of his own medicine, and we have ban buttons. LOL.

Put into a example we can all understand.

Suppose that every day, ten men go out for beer and the bill for all ten comes to $100. If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this:

The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing.
The fifth would pay $1.
The sixth would pay $3.
The seventh would pay $7.
The eighth would pay $12.
The ninth would pay $18.
The tenth man (the richest) would pay $59.

So, that's what they decided to do. The ten men drank in the bar every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one day, the owner threw them a curve. 'Since you are all such good customers, he said, 'I'm going to reduce the cost of your daily beer by $20. Drinks for the ten now cost just $80.

The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes so the first four men were unaffected. They would still drink for free. But what about the other six men - the paying customers? How could they divide the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his 'fair share?' They realized that $20 divided by six is $3.33. But if they subtracted that from everybody's share, then the fifth man and the sixth man would each end up being paid to drink his beer. So, the bar owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man's bill by roughly the same amount, and he proceeded to work out the amounts each should pay.!

And so:

The fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing (100% savings).
The sixth now paid $2 instead of $3 (33%savings).
The seventh now pay $5 instead of $7 (28%savings).
The eighth now paid $9 instead of $12 (25% savings).
The ninth now paid $14 instead of $18 (22% savings).
The tenth now paid $49 instead of $59 (16% savings).

Each of the six was better off than before. And the first four continued to drink for free. But once outside the restaurant the men began to compare their savings.

I only got a dollar out of the $20, declared the sixth man. He pointed to the tenth man, but he got $10!

Yeah, that's right, exclaimed the fifth man. I only saved a dollar, too. It's unfair that he got ten times more than I!

That's true!!' shouted the seventh man. Why should he get $10 back when I got only two? The wealthy get all the breaks!

Wait a minute, yelled the first four men in unison. We didn't get anything at all. The system exploits the poor!

The nine men surrounded the tenth and kicked him out of the club.

The next night the tenth man didn't show up for drinks, so the nine sat down and had beers without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important. They didn't have enough money between all of them for even half of the bill!

And that, boys and girls, journalists and college professors, is how our tax system works. The people who pay the highest taxes get the most benefit from a tax reduction. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they just may not show up anymore. In fact, they might start drinking overseas where the atmosphere is somewhat friendlier.

Watch the market drop , troops removed from Iraq and a new surge in Afganistan , and another GREAT SPEACH

That was beautiful man......:cry:

Hopefully, while Obama's in office.:lol:

SS

Steve, will that be his 1st or 2nd term. Just curious.

Also, since all the feathers and fur seem to have settled down on the thread I figured I'd say that Sorrell and I think quite alike on the issues. I actually originally liked McCain a few years ago until he basically attached himself like a freakin siamese twin to Bush (sorry for the 4-letter word). Once I started listening to Obama I pretty much made up my mind and never waivered.

My one big concern is that now that he'll be President in 74 days (but whose counting) I hope people won't think that everything will be peachy overnight. It's going to take quite a while for the country to dig out of this mess we're in but I think it will happen eventually. It pleases me to no end that we'll actually have a President who can put a string of words together without sticking his foot in his mouth. I am flat out embarrassed by "him!" The husband of my wife's cousin who is from the Netherlands basically told me that people in Europe laugh at us because of our President, I kid you not! How pathetic is that?

I have no problem with people thinking about things differently than I do as long as they don't try to tell me I'm wrong and they can tell me why. I really hope Obama puts a Republican or two in his cabinet for some balance. One-sided politics as usual will throw the whole "change" message down the toilet.

I don't know about others on the forum but I really do not envy Obama becoming President at this time. Holy shit what a crapload of problems to have to deal with that were started by someone else (I do include the Democratic leaning congress in that too!)

How about if nothing else we all agree to at least give the man a chance to "prove his qualities" without going all "Denathor" on his ass! Here's to Hope!:kickass:

Steve, will that be his 1st or 2nd term. Just curious.

I'm hoping, 1st, but who knows?

I actually originally liked McCain a few years ago until he basically attached himself like a freakin Siamese twin to Bush (sorry for the 4-letter word). Once I started listening to Obama I pretty much made up my mind and never wavered.

The first time I heard McCain speak was on The Daily Show. I loved the guy. I remember saying "If he ever runs, I'm voting for him". Unfortunately, I found that his true colors really clash with my wardrobe.

How about if nothing else we all agree to at least give the man a chance to "prove his qualities" without going all "Denathor" on his ass! Here's to Hope!:kickass:

Hell to the Yeah!

SS

Went to the seventh veil in Hollywood last night and watched the Palin look alike pole dancing contest...damn we missed our chance to have a fox in office.

Went to the seventh veil in Hollywood last night and watched the Palin look alike pole dancing contest...damn we missed our chance to have a fox in office.

Don't get me wrong; I'd watch her spread her ass cheeks prance around like a whore. I just don't want her "Caribou Barbie" ass in the White House.

SS

I was amazed how many woman look like her actually , one was dead on !!!!!!!!!!1

you crack me up steve, so damn honest....LOL