Election 2010

phlogiston

Bejabbers!
Apr 13, 2001
Melbourne
Visit site
We don't seem to have one of out feisty, entertaining election threads going yet. I suspect this year might be a bit more quiet though.

I've got no-one to vote for in my electorate. Choices are Labor, Liberal and Greens.

I'm voting labour for the sheer fact that I despise Abbott on many many personal levels and for personal reasons due to my encounters with him over the years

plus I also like Kate Lundy -who is a Labour member in the Senate
she knows her shit, can kick arse and will stand up to the nutjobs in the party

would vote for the Greens but can't stand "one policy" parties
I like Bob Brown, have meet him many times and he stands for some good things but needs to broaden his range of ideas and policies a little more than just being the Party Against
it's all good being the ones to say they stand against something on principle but they need to bring more to the table

what I would love to see if the Greens hold the Senate's balance, so they can move against the fucking Christian Right Parasites who seem to have infected both parties and get proper debate going
not just all this Right leaning bullshit that both parties spew

I think Tony Abbott will lose vote just because he seems like a creep, I really enjoy the fact that people seem to have forgottrn he has quite a loudmouth and idea's on family structure and women a good 50 years behind modern society.

And as for Gillard, she doesn't seem much either, she needs to get more vocal on whatever it is she believes she can do to improve things before we are getting run by a loony Christian faction out to destroy the old age pensioners and retirees, as well as further declining national health and whatever Libs can fuck to help big business get up.

Personally I will probably vote for an independent if possible this year

Labor need to lift their game if I'm to vote for them instead of the Greens. I'd like the latter to win some seats to get a bit of a progressive voice in parliament.

Does anyone know who invented electricity?

Yes it's pretty sucky. I can't believe boat people are back on the political point scoring agenda.

Southy, it was a topic of discussion in the 2004 thread!

Thanks for the laugh Rob. I just cacked at the Ravic reference! All I can say is that Tony Abbott will be the worst PM since WW2. Bar none. None! I'd rather have Howard back than that big-eared, crazy-eyed fundie fool. The last couple of elections we've had people here harping on about the economy, but right now the economy's fine, so instead we've got two clueless retards concentrating on one of the least problems we have: boat people. Fucking bogan-driven campaigns will deliver us into the hands of the least economically-minded goofball this country's ever seen.

Shadow - have you ever visited the Greens' website? It's more than a one policy party.

Shadow - have you ever visited the Greens' website? It's more than a one policy party.

I used to live with someone who worked for the Greens and spoke with Bob Brown every so often
I knwo what they stand for and the majority of their policies but was speaking more about how they are viewed

most people know them only as a "hippy party" and part of a "radical fringe" (how they were recently referred to in a National Party pamphlet)
ask any fucked up Bundie-swelling fuck-knuckle piece of shit Bogan what they know of the Greens and, other then fuck all, is "they're that bunch of fucking ferals who want us to stop mining and hug trees and reffos and shit!"

if you have seen their latest ad (which Gurin Nation paid out) it does nothing to help them or offer up a policy which might see them as different from Labour or the Libs
they are either too unknown or too far away from what the average (read ignorant) voter knows and people find them had to support

now, they are getting a lot of older babyboomer generation voters and supports but it isn't really enough to push them in for contention

my real genuine hope is that they can do what happened in Tasmania and take over the Senate enough that they hold enough sway on the cross bench that things will have to be debated and they can affect some real change
I so want to see that and to really see the political landscape change from the stiflingly conservative one we have seen for the past 15 years or so
Labour has given the Greens their preferences and it seems so far that the Greens have given their preferences back to Labour in return for some considerations

First and foremost: fuck the Greens. The biggest long-term threat to Australia in my eyes is them gaining ground and gradually pissing the nation up against a PC porta-wall.

The most immediate threat is having to listen to Gillard's mind-numbing, condescending "this great great nation" bullshit for the next 3 years.

plus I also like Kate Lundy -who is a Labour member in the Senate
she knows her shit, can kick arse and will stand up to the nutjobs in the party
I'd be marginally more inclined towards Labor if they dropped that walking brainfart Conroy and have her his portfolio. As it stands, I think she's mostly hot air and wasted potential.

I'd rather have Howard back
Me too :worship: :worship: :worship:

I'm still voting Liberal but would be doing so much more happily if Libs stuck with Brendan Nelson for this term. With him in the chair up against Gillard I think this election would be no contest. Assuming Gillard's velvet-lined regicide still had the same kind of backing against anyone-but-Abbott.

The Greens will almost certainly hold the balance of power in the Senate by this time next year. That means that regardless of who the PM is, a gay atheist hippie will be the most powerful politician in the country. So which country you moving to, Ferret?

The Greens will almost certainly hold the balance of power in the Senate by this time next year. That means that regardless of who the PM is, a gay atheist hippie will be the most powerful politician in the country. So which country you moving to, Ferret?

Fuck surrendering my country to a gay hippie. It might be time to revive the time-honored tradition of urban trench warfare.

I'm going to be in Tassie on election day, so went and voted today. Therefore it matters not what happens in the election campaign from now on as far as my vote's concerned. Hurrah.

I did a survey thing on news.com.au and it said I should vote for the Greens, so that's what I'm doing. Labor lost my vote on the weekend with the school chaplaincy thing.