Did anyone know about the Blackfield tour?

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
Wow, I had no idea about this!!!

Blackfield (Steven Wilson project) will be on tour this May and June... May 20th in NYC (Irving Plaza).

I am going to try to make it. Does anyone know if this is a full US tour?

Via Kscope newsletter:

Blackfield is the acclaimed collaboration between Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree) and Israeli artist Aviv Geffen. The duo return with their third album Welcome To My DNA which is released on Kscope in March 2011. Formed after a meeting in 2000, the partnership blossomed into a cross-cultural collaboration that has already spawned two albums (2004’s Blackfield and 2007’s Blackfield II).

The duo will also be touring to support the release of the album with dates so far confirmed in UK, Holland, Germany, Poland, Switzerland, Italy, Belgium and France with an American tour following that (full tour dates below). These will be the first dates they have played together as Blackfield for over three years, due to both artists’ recent hectic schedules.

Aviv explains, ‘we made the album together, it wasn’t an email album. Steven came to Israel and I came to London. We both had a great year, Steven with Porcupine Tree and me with my solo stuff but now it’s a Blackfield year and we are both ready for it.’

He goes onto describe Welcome To My DNA as ‘an album about loneliness and sadness. There are many songs about love, god... the same subjects that Blackfield have dealt with before.’ Musically the album builds on the established Blackfield sound, described by Clash as ‘a lush but soulful mix of separate cultures, deep sounds and touching lyrics,’ and the results have lead Aviv to state ‘I believe it’s our best work so far and I’m really excited about going on stage with this album.’

The digi-book and vinyl editions of the album are now available to pre-order on the Welcome To My DNA mini-site which is now online. The mini-site features album info, downloads and more along with the chance to download a free MP3 of the album’s opening track Glass House when signing up to the mailing list.

US Tour dates:

MAY
18th Washington, DC USA
19th Philadelphia, PA, Theater of the Living Arts USA
20th New York, NY, Irving Plaza USA
21st Boston, MA, Royale Boston USA
25th Cleveland, OH, House of Blues USA
26th Detroit, MA, St Andrew's Hall USA
27th Chicago, IL, Park West USA27th
31st Seattle, WA, Studio Seven USA

JUNE
1st Portland, OR, Aladdin Theater USA
3rd San Francisco, CA, Slim's USA
4th Los Angeles, CA, El Rey Theatre USA

Sign up to the Blackfield mailing list for a FREE mp3 from Welcome to MY DNA here, or visit the mini-site for more details on the album.

PRE-ORDER Welcome to My DNA from the Kscope store

www.kscopemusic.com/blackfield

via Kscope newsletter:

Welcome To My DNA, the new album from Blackfield is now in stores and available to download (links below).
iTunes
[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Welcome-To-My-DNA/dp/B004RXELUQ/ref=sr_shvl_album_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1301303326&sr=301-1"]Amazon UK[/ame]

Tesco
Play
Napster UK
Ovi

The promo video for the lead single Waving, is now streaming on the album mini-site. The single will be available to download from April 11th to coincide with the band's European tour which kicks off on April 6th in the UK before visiting Holland, Germany, Poland, Switzerland, Italy, Belgium and France followed by an American tour in May and June (click here for tour dates).

The digi-book and vinyl editions of the album are all also available to order on the Welcome To My DNA mini-site. The mini-site features album info, downloads and more along with the chance to download a free MP3 of the album’s opening track Glass House when signing up to the mailing list.

The latest Kscope podcast, which is now online, features an exclusive interview with Aviv where he discusses the album, the band and his career to date. Other interviews with Aviv, filmed when he was in the studio with Steven recording the album, are also on the mini-site.

The digi-book and vinyl editions of the album are now available to pre-order on the Welcome To My DNA mini-site which is now online. The mini-site features album info, downloads and more along with the chance to download a free MP3 of the album’s opening track Glass House when signing up to the mailing list.

Sign up to the Blackfield mailing list for a FREE mp3 from Welcome to MY DNA here, or visit the mini-site for more details on the album.

ORDER your copy of Welcome to My DNA from the Kscope store

www.kscopemusic.com/blackfield

Plenty more vinyl & CD titles available to purchase in the Kscope store www.kscopemusic.com

The new Blackfield album actually got a mention in this week's Entertainment Weekly. Could be they're close to getting over. Potentially good news for other Kscope artists, too.

The wife and I will be at the New York show on May 20th. Should be an awesome night! :)

Btw, Welcome to My DNA hasn't grabbed me as the other two albums have, but it's still quality music.

I only found out about the new album a couple days ago. Now I hear they are touring?

The DC date is at the 9:30 club and goes on sale tomorrow.