Did anyone watch the Grammys?

Goreripper

Metal as fuck
Aug 24, 2001
Blue Mountains, Australia
myspace.com
What a fucking joke! Dustin Hoffman must have been fucking wasted. He really seemed like he'd just spent several hours in the bar scoffing down Martinis. And the live performances were mostly dire, especially Avril Lavigne. Sure, she actually played live which was commendable, but she sounded truly awful. They obviously did a lot of work on her voice in the studio. Maybe she was really nervous as she's hardly a seasoned performer yet and the Grammys is a big gig, but she was just atrocious.

Bruce, Elvis, Stevie and Dave was the highlight of the night. It was worth sitting through all the backslapping just to see that.

I think Barry and Robin really wanted to murder N'Sync. Perhaps if Maurice had been still alive and they'd been getting tributed for some other reason, they might have. For mine, the Bee Gees "tribute" was an absolute insult!

Something else I had to laugh about: when Norah Jones and the football team that helped her make her album went on stage to get the best album Grammy, one of her producers said something like "Working with her is great, you just have to sit back at watch". Which is why she needed four producers and three engineers. :rolleyes:

Metally award? Probably Slipknot. :rolleyes: :p :D

I watched some as I wanted to see the Bee Gees tribute, but I missed it. I DID see Avril Lavagne's shite performance though. It boggles my mind wondering why record companies manipulate peoples voices in the studio to make them sound better, when they can just get someone who can actually sing...

Korn? Doh, I bought that album, besides the first song it wasnt very good.

Originally posted by Goreripper

I think Barry and Robin really wanted to murder N'Sync. Perhaps if Maurice had been still alive and they'd been getting tributed for some other reason, they might have. For mine, the Bee Gees "tribute" was an absolute insult!

I agree, that Nsync 'tribute' was disgusting and a huge insult to the Bee Gees.

Barry looks like a real mess, can't blame him though.

When they called Maurice's son up on the stage, that was a great moment.

Apart from that and the tribute to The Clash, the night sucked as usual.

Did Nora Jones set out to make the most boring music ever recorded, or did it happen by accident?

Errrr ...... I actually quite like it :)

Not the sort of thing I will listen too all the time ... but if I want something quiet and relaxing it fits the mood quite well...

I heard something somewhere that her father is Ravi Shakti-whatshisname ..... that sitar player dude that the Beatles liked so much.