Megadeth vs Jess (Heavy Shift)

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2001
How many of you saw the Megadeth interview tonight on Heavy Shift on Channel V?
I found Jess (the presenter) very sarcastic, lots of nasty undertones. She seemed fine with Al but certainly not Dave.

Anyway, this interview was when she was pretending to be nice. Since then they have had a falling out. I have an interesting story from Dave himself on this. He says:

There was one issue that did kind of piss off a few people and definately pissed off the record company.

This video presenter from a certain channel down there used to ask people at the end of her interviews, "Mustaine or Hetfield?" And She was asked if she would want to go to our band/label dinner to get the band in with station. I must admit I was amused with the DM or JH question too,because it sounded like she preffered me. Little did I know.

So it turns out her boyfriend is a lush, got bitchslapped by Rex from Pantera when they were downunder, and he was from that point personna non grata. Which means an asshole you don't want around, and is blackballed.

So, she says can I bring my boyfriend after the interview when Al and I were getting ready to go to dinner, and I said that the label really would rather it was just the band, label, and the station. She started whining and that was that. Band and label dinner; no station.

The next night at the show, she walks in with a t-shirt with James' face across her tits. I joked and said "did you were that in my honor?" And she said it was her favorite shirt, not too big of a deal, but much the to displeasure of the label.

Funny thing is that now her AND her boyfriend have quaint little matching blackballs.

Apparently she also always asks "Mustaine vs Hetfield" and if people say "Mustaine" she is like "NO NO NO!" She doesn't like Megadeth.

Anyway, this story has a very interesting twist now! One of my mates has a source involved in the issue who told him that SHE HAS BEEN FIRED FOR DISRESPECTING DAVE MUSTAINE! She read Dave's post about her on www.megadeth.com and wasn't happy. She called her manager, who then called STOMP Records, yada yada yada, Channel V have said they are going to fire her. :)

Maybe now they will get someone who knows about metal, and isn't there just for her tits :D Maybe someone who will decide to play METAL rather than Mudvayne, Slipknot, Korn, etc..