Did COB rip off video game music?

Authentic Metalhead said:
Actually, having just overdosed on Hammerfall, at first, it sounds like something they would do. But once it gets going, it sounds so damn much like a CoB song! What kind of game was this?

A Sega Genesis game. Basically a futuristic racing game. Its actually for its time a good game.

fuck,in the beggingin this made my head hurt because of the soundtravaling from one speaker to the other.

Conti said:
fuck,in the beggingin this made my head hurt because of the soundtravaling from one speaker to the other.

Yeah, that was the time when they were using the new Strereo sound technology a little too much to there advantage. Stereo. lol.

whats the name of that song called, and could someone tab that shit out?
:edit: That was a guitar pro file....... any way you could get the file?

It is possible, though, that Alexi could be a bit influenced through video game music. I mean I'm pretty sure he does play video games (Says his fav console games on his profile), so when he was younger he most likley played them..

Edit: Btw, I enjoyed that first song you posted.

Suriyou said:
It is possible, though, that Alexi could be a bit influenced through video game music. I mean I'm pretty sure he does play video games (Says his fav console games on his profile), so when he was younger he most likley played them..

Edit: Btw, I enjoyed that first song you posted.

Yeah... I used to think the same thing.

And you guys aren't the only people who think that Hatebreeder sounds a hell of a lot like video game music (mainly off of more "old school" systems).

I think that Hatebreeder music would go great with one of those older Castlevania games...:headbang:

not reading the entire thread, nor did I listen to the clip (cant at work :p), but its a fact that people who make video games are nerds, and metal heads are often HUGE nerds.

So it comes hand in hand, few friends of mine will listen to video game music on cd players, and my one frind has some japanese band's cd where they just cover video game songs, and it actually sounds really cool. A local band (not 100% sure if they are around anymore) I saw play did a cover of a Castelvania song and it sounded excellent live.

It wouldn't surprise me that it sounds similar, and seeing as COB has now been known to "borrow" riffs now and then its not surprising at all.