Meeting CoB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombina

New Metal Member
Jun 2, 2006
Michigan
zombinacorpse.net
I apologize ahead of time if this isn't approriate. I can't find where else to post this question, or if it's allowed in the forum, so I'll just ask and see how it goes from there. :p
Hopefully someone can help me out.

This July CoB is touring to Detroit near my place, so of course, I'm going.
Now, one of my goals is to meet the members of CoB.
Someone posted on here somewhere that they are fairly easily accessable.
That may be true in other countries, but I want to know if anyone here in America has ever had the opportunity to meet CoB?

I'm realizing that in arenas, the bands don't just waltz around the place greeting the crowd like smaller bands may do in a smaller concert setting. So, I expect it to be challenging.

But some of the questions I have for those who have met CoB, are:
1. Where did you meet them?
2. Obviously it was a great experience, but what lengths did you have to go through in order to meet them?
3. How should I go about attempting to meet the entire band or specific members?

My boyfriend has pretty much told me to not even bother trying, because I won't ever get the chance to meet them. :yell:
Well, that just pissed me off because I'm at least going to do my best and try! Why break a girl's heart and say she shouldn't even try when there's always the chance that I may meet my favorite band eh?

Anyway, thanks for your help in advance and I hope someone can answer some of my questions.

Zombina said:
I'm realizing that in arenas, the bands don't just waltz around the place greeting the crowd like smaller bands may do in a smaller concert setting.

That's true, you won't meet them in the crowd, either in Europe ;)

Zombina said:
But some of the questions I have for those who have met CoB, are:
1. Where did you meet them?
2. Obviously it was a great experience, but what lengths did you have to go through in order to meet them?
3. How should I go about attempting to meet the entire band or specific members?

1. After the show just waiting next to their tourbus (like... 1 hour after the gig)
2. Enough time to take pictures with them and speak a bit. Keep in mind Alexi is the most difficult to access because of course, everyone goes nuts when they see him, so don't focus on him, the others are even cooler and spend more time with you. My experience, when Alexi came I let everyone going to him and went to Roope who was simply ALONE, so we had a talk for several minutes and this was just cool.
3. The easiest way is, like I said, waiting next to their tour bus long time before / a bit after the show, and obviously before moving to another place they'll come to see the people waiting for them. They won't come all together, and some may not come, but if you have a chance, there it is.
(But I dunno at all about the kinda venue they will come to, maybe their parking will be far from sight... When it happened to me the venue was less than 1 thousand people and parking was just the same than ours ^^)

Well, hope this helps, always a great experience to meet bands you like, good luck and enjoy ;)

Thank you for your help! Good idea waiting for the crowd to pass and try talking to the other [less noticed or idolized] members first.

I actually would like to meet Alexi, but I really want to meet Janne a bit more. :]

Hopefully I'll be able to meet both.

What were some of the general questions you asked?
I'm sure they were all friendly about it, but did any of the members seem to get annoyed if asking to take photos with them or getting merchandise autographed?
I don't know, personally, and this may sound weird, but I've always thought it was rude just to come out and ask for them to take a photo with you or ask for them to sign shit. I mean, yeah it's part of their job basically, and I'm sure they enjoy making their fans happy, but I don't know. I'd have trouble asking, even though I'd really want photos. =/

Zombina said:
What were some of the general questions you asked?
I'm sure they were all friendly about it, but did any of the members seem to get annoyed if asking to take photos with them or getting merchandise autographed?
I don't know, personally, and this may sound weird, but I've always thought it was rude just to come out and ask for them to take a photo with you or ask for them to sign shit. I mean, yeah it's part of their job basically, and I'm sure they enjoy making their fans happy, but I don't know. I'd have trouble asking, even though I'd really want photos. =/

The main thing they do when coming is signing, cause everyone who waits has got tickets/cd/drumstick:))) or stuff to be signed.
Someone who seemed annoyed? Alexi. He didn't want to take pictures and it seemed hard for him to smile. But once again it was 1AM and they had to leave. The others were pretty nice.
You can ask them to take pictures without trouble, trust me ;) just don't take 1 min to manage to find someone to take it cause he won't wait long as everyone wants to^^

I was rather drunk and with the fact of seeing them I didn't have anything senseful to ask :lol: later I had a fistful of great things (like about Sinergy's next album, and stuff) but at the time we just made up a talk about random shit, I asked if they liked France, who the tour had been for them...

Status
Not open for further replies.