Did Dave Mustane screw over the Canadian band WARMACHINE?

Here is comments from the guitarist from Evile(the band that won) about what happened...

wow, that's got out of hand fast.

I made sure to read everything on the site when entering into it (I like to know what we're getting into), but it seems 90% of people who visited the site didn't even read a word. The Voting poll never claimed to guarantee the winner a spot on the tour. People just clicked vote and presumed it was a competition (probably due to all bands telling people 'vote *band* to tour with megadeth').

I think it's stupid calling Mustaine a 'liar'. What did he lie about? the site clearly stated the polls purpose was to help Megadeth choose the support. So he said Warmachine weren't able to do the tour. From what I can tell that's not from him contacting the band and them saying "we cant do it", I think he presumed they wouldn't be able to. Dave's done a lot of tours and knows how much they cost. He used his experience to gauge whether or not Warmachine could do a big, overseas tour.

"I'm not commenting on this because we received the spot, I just think it's wrong to flame mustaine here, or furthermore for people to contact US saying we're out of line/should decline the offer/warmachine should have got it. I liked a lot of the bands in the running, Warmachine are a cool band, We've played with Speedtheory and Seregon and they're cool, honest guys, but people should just read things. It'd have helped in this case".

I think its cool he's letting a less popular unknown underdog who didn't win the poll play instead. After all the poll was just to give him an idea of what to choose from. Anyway they are known now by him and might get chosen down the road for another tour, a more conveniant one that is closer to the U.S.