Mustaine screws over War Machine?

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
From Blabbermouth:

MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustane has commented on the band's upcoming UK tour, which will feature JOB FOR A COWBOY and EVILE in the support slots.

A poll was held via The Live Line to help MEGADETH choose the support act for the tour, and the Toronto, Ontario, Canada-based band WARMACHINE won with 21 percent of the vote. However, according to Mustaine, "WARMACHINE has no means or way to do the tour, but I am sure they will agree it was fun and good exposure for them.

"So what's the purpose of the poll? What's the purpose of words if you don't read them?

"Gigantour UK is about building a brand for the future. Sounds Of The Underground are not going out this year (if ever again) and I would rather play it smart than be stupid and be done in one to two years.

"EVILE were the highest ranking band that had all of the things we were looking for in an opener and we are using the poll as a gft to local talent to get on some shows — so you should be a little more understanding — but you prolly wont — and I don't care. There are several shows here we are going to give local bands a chance to play with us, not so they can 'play with MEGADETH,' but so that they can get a break.

"God knows you guys have made it possible for me, and we are all just looking for a little help, aren't we?

"I mean really, aren't we?

"And JOB FOR A COWBOY is a special guest, and if you don't like them, you don't have to listen. Face it, three of the the UK shows were sold out before we even mentioned who was playing. You will go home happy, trust me!"

From War Machine's website:

WARMACHINE VERY ABLE AND WILLING TO TOUR WITH MEGADETH IN EUROPE!
Warheads!

I have to address a matter that I am very unhappy about. Dave Mustaine has stated that "Warmachine do not have the means to do the tour". This is COMPLETELY UNTRUE! We had MORE than enough means to do the tour (ie. tour support, work visas, passports, crew, etc.). Dave nor his management have not even bothered to contact us at all during this whole thing. So he/they would not be aware of that.

Joe Di Taranto
Warmachine

Now I hear Glenn Dover is out of Megadeth too, which Chris Broderick of Jag Panzer taking over the 2nd guitar spot.

Could this piece of info have anything to do with why Mustaine won't allow them on:

Additional notes
Warmachine is currently working with ex-Megadeth bassist Dave Ellefson on their debut release.

wow, now this pisses me off! I know i couldn't go see this tour in europe, but with this i have completely lost all respect i have for Mustaine

o_O I think I probably speak for most when I say, "What the fucking hell?!"
Dave Mustaine said:
... but I am sure they will agree it was fun and good exposure for them.
Yes, it's a ton of fun to bust your ass to achieve a specific goal (like being on a tour with an international touring band) and then be told "Oh, I'm sorry you misunderstood. We weren't being serious when we told you that if you had people vote for your enough to be on this tour that would actually mean something. But you understand because you're an indie band that is used to being treated like crap, so it's ok that we treat you that way too."
Dave Mustaine said:
... we are using the poll as a gft [gift?] to local talent to get on some shows — so you should be a little more understanding — but you prolly [probably?] wont — and I don't care...
Yes, we will tell you one thing, which ultimately has no baring on how we actually intend to proceed with this tour and then you should be grateful to us for that. Hell, you should be grateful to us for us even letting you participate as one of the band choices on this meaningless poll that we are not even going to count towards placing you on the tour as we told you and all those voting that we would.
Could it be anymore obvious that he doesn't care?
Dave Mustaine said:
And JOB FOR A COWBOY is a special guest, and if you don't like them, you don't have to listen.
I'd imagine there's going to be a lot of folks not listening since that band is total crap from what I've heard.

To the guys in War Machine - I'm sorry you're getting screwed out of an opportunity that you rightfully deserve.

Mustaine just dropped to down below the level of respect I have for Ozzy ... and that's pretty low at this point. :rolleyes: I can't believe that musicians do this to other musicians.

This isn't the first time Mustaine has been accused of foul play. Let's not forget when he dropped off a festival in Greece because Rotting Christ was on it, as well as the Israel Festival he had Dissection thrown off of (both bands being vastly musically superior to Megadeth in my opinion) because of his "beliefs". I'm also sure everyone is aware of the time when the dude from the UN challenged Dave's lyrics on the last album in a very tasteful manner, (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=76451) and Dave shot back with something along the lines of "I'd rather be wrong and feel right than be right and feel wrong" or something stupid like that.

I'm not one to pass judgment on musicians for what they do behind the scenes since we don't truly know the whole picture, as well as it having nothing to do whatsoever with the music itself. However, Dave is a scumbag.

Well, let me ask.
I never saw the original poll where you could vote.
Did it say somewhere something like, "Megadeth has the final say???"

Dave said something about Evile being the highest vote getter that had what he was looking for.

I am not defending him or anything, as I really could not care less. Did people write in bands, or were Warmachine on a pre-written list to choose from?

If the contest was simply, "Who gets the most votes from this list wins" then yes, Dave is a complete scumbag.

Let's face it though. There is a lot of internet hype over EVILE over the past couple of months. Business is business.

Mustaine sucks, Job For A Cowboy are hopelessly generic, utterly unoriginal and completely undeserving of even a fraction of the attention they have garnered. It's a shame War Machine got screwed on this, but it seems more and more that the only thing Mustaine does well is behave like a douche.

Is there anyone who believes that Dave gives a shit about anyone but himself?

Zod

No. Which is why I'd think EVERY band that enters into any type of business venture with Dave would do so with some degree of trepidation. It's almost gotten to the point where you can't really say you got "burned" because you probably knew it would happen anyway.