Mustaine screws over War Machine?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here, as I have no data to support this, only a hypothesis. Maybe Mustaine was only reporting something that his management told him and he had no first hand info about the band being able to do/not do the tour in Europe.

It is true that on the website where the voting happened it stated that the voting would "Help Megadeth choose" so i can see how that leaves the last word to Mustaine. However, no one ever contacted us in any way, not even to say "congrats but we're going with the local guys anyways" And then to go on a say that we don't have the "means"? what is that?
Its all bull
And yes David Ellefson worked with us a few years back when we recorded our debut album. Maybe this is a twisted way to get back at him somehow.

I was really pulling for these guys to win this thing so they could finally get on a tour they deserve. Being friends with the guys makes me want to see them suceed even more, it really bites how unprofessional Mustaine is being about this and making assumptions as to why he doesn't think they could do the tour. About the only good thing about this is Warmachines name is getting out there and known, and from what I've seen this kind of press might do them more good than actually winning the tour. I've seen a lot more talk of them than the band that is opening.

Could this piece of info have anything to do with why Mustaine won't allow them on:

Additional notes
Warmachine is currently working with ex-Megadeth bassist Dave Ellefson on their debut release.

I will add this to that argument that I see being flung around by a few people (its a valid point, but I'm about to take this whole thing out of the equation)

Back in 2002:
Former MEGADETH bassist Dave Ellefson spent the weekend of April 6-7 in New York assisting Roadrunner Records recording artists DRY KILL LOGIC with the songwriting process for the latter's sophomore full-length effort, which is tentatively due in late 2002.

And then later...

More dates have been announced for Gigantour, a six-week festival trek co-headlined by MEGADETH and DREAM THEATER, who will be accompanied by other main-stage acts FEAR FACTORY, THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN and NEVERMORE. Artists confirmed for the second stage include DRY KILL LOGIC and SYMPHONY X.

If you want the summary on that one. Ellefson produced Dry Kill Logic, Dry Kill Logic played Gigantour.

To add more info...

Ellefson also played two songs with Soulfly. Soulfly played Gigantour in Austrailia.

I think this puts a rest to those claims.

Fuck you Mustaine. Fuck, You.

Justin

odd that when Mustaine does this to what he feels is the best interest of his tour everyone berates him, but when certain other bands go back on their word and jilt people in what they call the best interest of their tour they are defended and supported, hmm I think both cases are not the best way, your word is all you have and it should be honored, I guess I'm old fashioned and belive in karma and such, and that music should be about the art not the fame or the money. But I am realistic and realize we live in a world where all that matters is what is best for 'me' and we can find ways to rationalize anything to that end. And of course I realize it depends on which side of the argument you fall on that greatly dictates your opinion. If you are the one making a decision for your self interests you will think one way, if you are one of the ones getting shorted by the other's decision you will think quite another way. All the best to Warmachine, these things happen and hopefully other opportunities will come.

P.S. I have no fame or money so that may skrew my opinon as well, ha I suppose it's easier in many ways to remain 'artistic integreity' when you are struggling and not in a position where money dictates any decisions, but once you get a bit bigger and more of your life is dependent on record sales and number of people at tour stops you are more mindful of the money questions and the business end. So what the hell do I know... ;-) Guess I'm guilty of living in a world that I wish was more than a world that actually is.

Wow, one of my all time biggest heroes just went and flushed himself down the toilet. :erk: As much as I love Megadeth, I don't think I'd feel right supporting Mustaine anymore after this news.

WarMachine had to be one of my top 10 new bands that I had the privilege of being introduced to in 2007. WarMachine for a future PPUSA slot for sure!

I hate to hear this kind of news. The whole thing sucks. Good luck to you Warmachine and congrats on your win. The best way to look at this is you did win and that it shows you do have a fan base and people pulling for you.

Mustaine just got his last $$$ he'll ever get from me.

Absolutely.

Borrowing a quote.....

To Dave Mustaine:

"Now I visualize your extinction; now I dismiss you from my attention."*

WARMACHINE for a special show Wednesday
night before karaoke!!!!!!

What a great idea...unless Glenn had something immensely awesome and kewl already scheduled for Wednesday night? :headbang:

-=-=-
* Caeru Meveny, Tigrina of Immanion, in The Fulfilments of Fate and Desire

it's really sad as I was with the Warmachine boys pretty much the night before Evile were announced(they played a show on the 4th), I remember they were a little concerned as the first show was like a month away and they hadn't heard a thing from the megadeth camp, I guess we know why now.

They've been getting ready to tour for a long time now, had sponsors lined up...yeah they were more then ready.

I figure this more has to do with business then anything, which again as most have mentioned is what it comes down to at the end of the day, but all it would have taken was some kind of contact from the megadeth camp to warmachine at least letting them know.

WM are not some lowly indie band as some have pegged them, they're deffinately destined for greatness... but hey mabye this will hurdle them into that

It is true that on the website where the voting happened it stated that the voting would "Help Megadeth choose" so i can see how that leaves the last word to Mustaine. However, no one ever contacted us in any way, not even to say "congrats but we're going with the local guys anyways" And then to go on a say that we don't have the "means"? what is that?
Its all bull
Total Bull.
Clearly, Dave had already pre-picked the band and just assumed everyone would agree with his assessment and that band would win his little poll. He should have made it clear up front that the poll was a "suggestion" and the only guarentee was "exposure" for the participating bands. The misleading nature of the poll and lack of communication is unforgivable.

Everyone knows that any project you touch is totally YOURS, Dave and you don't give a shit about anyone, but that doesn't exclude you from being required to have at least a little professional integrity.

As for Job For A Cowboy, they're either:
a. An easy (cheap) add on
b. An indication Dave really doesn't have a clue anymore
c. Providing some "value added" that has nothing to do with music. Does Dave owe them something? Did he run over someone's cat?

I'll be happy staying home from this one, though I will check out Evile if they come around here on another tour.

As for Job For A Cowboy, they're either:
a. An easy (cheap) add on
b. An indication Dave really doesn't have a clue anymore
c. Providing some "value added" that has nothing to do with music. Does Dave owe them something? Did he run over someone's cat?

They are so cheap it's pitiful, if they can play this little small club here in El Paso every 3 months or so then they are cheap, and by the way they suck big time. Mustaine is such a cheap, pitiful excuse for a musician it really hurts. What he has mananged to do in the span of a few weeks just reeks of self-centeredness.

Actually, i think JFAC is indication that Dave DOES know what's going on. Just because y'all don't like them (and neither do i truth be told) doesn't mean they don't get asses in the seats. They're huge right now, so it's a good business move.

Can't get butthurt either when the poll says it's only for suggestion and exposure. Who's fault is it that the guys in Warmachine took it as the poll would guarantee them a slot? I haven't listened to that band yet, but it is quite possible that Dave decided Warmachine didn't have a means or way because they don't have support from a known label like Evile does (earache). And why shouldn't Dave look out for his investments? It's his money and his reputation on the line. As much as I'm sure you all want to see your friends on that tour and as professional as you think they are, on paper they probably didn't have their ducks in a row, and that's all Dave and his management can say.

Dave's a dick, no question about it, but I don't see this situation to be nearly as bad as everyone's making it out to be.

Pardon me for being nieve, but isn't Earache an indie label same as Nightmare? I understand that they are a more well known label, but I was just wondering.

Although from taking a quick look at their site, I understand now why I don't know much about this label, because it looks like the majority of their bands are hardcore or death metal - neither one do I really care for (I like some death metal, hardcore just sounds like noise to my ears though.) Those two genres do seem to be the main two types of hard music that most people in the US know anything about, but wasn't this poll for support on a Euopean tour?

Also, didn't one or two of the guys who are actually in the band War Machine already post on this thread saying that they "had all their ducks in a row" (sponsorships, funding, etc.) and were never even asked about whatever logisitical issues Megadeth's management thinks may have gotten in the way. Ahh yes here it is (sorry, not two band members, but a band member and a friend of the band):
Its all bull
And yes David Ellefson worked with us a few years back when we recorded our debut album. Maybe this is a twisted way to get back at him somehow.
it's really sad as I was with the Warmachine boys pretty much the night before Evile were announced(they played a show on the 4th), I remember they were a little concerned as the first show was like a month away and they hadn't heard a thing from the megadeth camp, I guess we know why now.

They've been getting ready to tour for a long time now, had sponsors lined up...yeah they were more then ready.

I figure this more has to do with business then anything, which again as most have mentioned is what it comes down to at the end of the day, but all it would have taken was some kind of contact from the megadeth camp to warmachine at least letting them know.

WM are not some lowly indie band as some have pegged them, they're deffinately destined for greatness... but hey mabye this will hurdle them into that
This announcement from Mustaine online seems to be the first they even heard that they were not accepted for this tour. I think it would have been a lot more professional for the Megadeth camp to have handled this differently, regardless of if they thought War Machine was the best choice for this particular tour or not. It's not exactly what choice was made that I think has everyone on this board so irritated, it's the two-faced manner in which it seems was handled by Mustaine and his management.

Actually, i think JFAC is indication that Dave DOES know what's going on. Just because y'all don't like them (and neither do i truth be told) doesn't mean they don't get asses in the seats. They're huge right now, so it's a good business move.
Well, they got heckled in NYC when they warmed up for Behemoth. Since that's the only time I've seen them (and I really was turned off by their set), that's how I based my opinion. Perhaps they appeal to other demographics.