Thrash Revival

Dang...I love old school thrash, but you boys are throwing out band names that I've never heard before! I've got some research to do. I have heard of Evile and Fueled By Fire though, but not their music.

Sanctity comes to mind during this thread. I bought their disc a few months back. It's not as catchy as I'd like for it to be, but it's still a fun disc to listen to.

~Brian~

Difference between mainman and frontman. It was Chuck's band, but Aymar was the frontman.

Hey you stupid fucking asshole!...... er... i feel like a dick now :( I misread the initial post, my bad, i am fucktarded. Please accept my most humble of apologies and this fruit basket for the grief i may have caused you.:lol:

Moving along, i can understand BBB paying homage to exodus, especially since that is literally my favorite thrash album of all time, i just find it a bit strange. Hell, exodus is still touring... that has to be a bit awkward for them eh?

I don't much care for sanctity :(

Lich King is another of the 'retro' bands-- though the disc's vocals are pretty off-kilter (think of Don Doty all over the place) and extremely trebled out....

Didn't care for the new Skeletonwitch that much, but they do put on an energetic show, and have great merch:
skeletonwitchkoozie.jpg

Well, I found Warbringer's "War Without End" yesterday at a local CD store. Needless to say, I'm less than impressed and I already have it posted for sale on Amazon. These guys wouldn't be half bad if they'd bring in a little melody to their music and get a decent lead singer! His vocal style is just too close to black metal for my taste. Also, the lyrics sound like a 15 year old video game geek wrote them! :lol:

I'm slowly checking out the modern thrash bands, so hopefully I'll run across a few that I like. I trust Dave Mustaine's taste, so I need to check out Evile.

~Brian~