Thrash Revival

I love classic thrash by bands like Testament, Overkill, Anthrax, Exodus, Kreator, Nuclear Assault, Sacred Reich, F & J and Heathen! I also love power thrash as played by bands such as Eclipsed By Sanity(which I've heard in person and raved about, BTW), and Greyskull, according to reports I've been getting from Hoyt! When it comes to thrash revival, bring it ON!:headbang::kickass:
BTW, anybody here into ULTIMATUM? Great band!

sounds like a good thrash band that isnt totally ruining their music with their vocals(switch/toxic holocaust for example)

cant say ive heard any praise of that other than from you, which CD do you recommend to pickup first? ive been on a thrash craze for the last month

Warbringer is great...I like their lack of melody (or "pretty" melody)...it reminds me of Coma of Souls-era Kreator.

It's not really their lack of melody that bothers me per se, it's just I wish the band would get in a heavy groove every now and then. It's mainly just fast, chaotic riffs over and over again. If that's their style, then so be it, but it's not for me. I like a little more variety than that.

With that said, I'm betting Warbringer "outgrows" that sort of riffage within the next release or two.

~Brian~

It's not really their lack of melody that bothers me per se, it's just I wish the band would get in a heavy groove every now and then. It's mainly just fast, chaotic riffs over and over again. If that's their style, then so be it, but it's not for me. I like a little more variety than that.

With that said, I'm betting Warbringer "outgrows" that sort of riffage within the next release or two.

~Brian~

I have to go back on what I've said here. I listened to the disc again last night at the gym and I have to say I like it much better than my initial listens. Eventhough, I'm still not crazy about the vocalist, the band does find their groove a lot in the second half of the CD. I'm actually going to hang onto the CD now.

~Brian~

Am I wrong in thinking they're a Christian band? It seems that I've read about them in a Heaven's Metal fanzine at some point.

~Brian~
They are all Christians in a metal band, so to speak, but they are NOT at all preachy unless you ask them personally about Christianity, etc. I am friends with their vocalist, Scott, and he's among the coolest, most down to Earth folks you could ever hope to meet. Plus, he's as close to a Blitz-clone as I've ever heard. Of course, he's originally from Jersey, so that helps, too!:lol:

They are all Christians in a metal band, so to speak, but they are NOT at all preachy unless you ask them personally about Christianity, etc. I am friends with their vocalist, Scott, and he's among the coolest, most down to Earth folks you could ever hope to meet. Plus, he's as close to a Blitz-clone as I've ever heard. Of course, he's originally from Jersey, so that helps, too!:lol:

That's cool...I'll check them out.

~Brian~

I just bought their Perilous Times(zomg blind buy) and I hope it's good

edit

PS new Testament is out and fucking goooood :kickass: