die freedom of speech die

A few thoughts: There's nothing even remotely wrong with a business instituting a policy and then sticking to it. I doubt the world will sorely miss the likes of Burzum and Zyklon B. Some of you guys, no offense intended, might want to reconsider your priorities in life if you're up in arms when it might be a bit more difficult to obtain your daily dose of hatred and bigotry. And finally, if anything should be banned, it should be Christian music. Damn, that stuff sucks.

I suppose I'd better hurry up and sell my annoyingly faggotly agallochy wood box on ebay before they ban that too.

Nah, Agalloch are dark and mysterious but at the same time, peace-loving nature-lovers. Not a threat.

dorian gray said:
A few thoughts: There's nothing even remotely wrong with a business instituting a policy and then sticking to it. I doubt the world will sorely miss the likes of Burzum and Zyklon B. Some of you guys, no offense intended, might want to reconsider your priorities in life if you're up in arms when it might be a bit more difficult to obtain your daily dose of hatred and bigotry. And finally, if anything should be banned, it should be Christian music. Damn, that stuff sucks.

It really boils down to the principal of the matter though, of course ebay or any other buisness has the right to do that. Its the fact that they will still sell things like Rap music glorifying *****, exploitation of women, murder of law enforcement, etc. yet ban a fucking Emperor album.

something i just noticed:

a couple of days ago, you could select "black/death", "speed/thrash", "nu metal", or "other" as subgenres for the "metal" genre in ebay's classification system but now these options have disappeared and there is only one blanket "metal" genre

dorian gray said:
yeah you make a point, personally i hardly ever buy on ebay so it doesn't really affect me but it's lame to single out metal like that

but frankly i welcome mainstream consternation toward metal, who wants that kind of acceptance? we spend all day talking about how we hate pop culture, are we really gonna whine about it when they take a negative stance toward us? isn't that, uh, the point?

cthulufhtagn said:
yeah you make a point, personally i hardly ever buy on ebay so it doesn't really affect me but it's lame to single out metal like that

but frankly i welcome mainstream consternation toward metal, who wants that kind of acceptance? we spend all day talking about how we hate pop culture, are we really gonna whine about it when they take a negative stance toward us? isn't that, uh, the point?

Personally, I thought 'the point' was just to enjoy listening to whatever you enjoy listening to - fuck mainstream acceptance or consternation, let the people that actually give a fuck about what other people think one way or the other bother about that.