Diezel amps

Any of you guys get your hands on some of the other super high end shite... like the Fuchs and Koch or any of that?

J

Haven't actually played either of those amps first hand, however, I've heard stuff recorded with both amp makes (I'm pretty sure Kenny Wayne Sheppard and this dude Scott Lerner use Fuchs, they sound pretty cool. I know Jimi Hazel from 24/7 Spyz uses a Koch amp as well). It's not the best judge of an amp's true tone to listen to a produced recording, but it's better than nothing I guess.

True enough... just cuz lately I've been trying to find some samples of other shit... Hughes and Kettner, that sort of thing.

J

J the TyranT said:
Any of you guys get your hands on some of the other super high end shite... like the Fuchs and Koch or any of that?

J

I've heard both, but not played them, primarily because they're not really in line with my taste in amps. I'm not sure about what Koch's aim is, but the Fuchs are really aimed at the Dumble sound.

I've heard a Koch and it sounded diferent to what I usually look for in metal amp. It was still amazing, just not quite the thing I'd use in the heavier, darker metal that I do. Mabe more adequate for a more rocky kind of feel.

I've been looking to buy a VH4 for a while now. There an absolutely lovely amp. There about €2600. I've played both and I'm a bigger fan of the VH4. I think its the options more then anything. The range of tones is class. Hopefully in the next year I will get one :)

yea man right on..

Actually was it Lord Lurion who mentioned H&K? Those amps (the tube amps) are sick. Again not judging solely on recorded performances, but good lord the guitars on the Adagio records were fierce.