YT: NAD Triamp Walkthrough

Clark Kent

Jan 23, 2011

This has been a wet dream of mine for a long time. Basically if you have want a certain guitar tone and can't find it in this amp, it most likely doesn't exist. Although I make references to other amps like Fender, Marshall, Diezel and Mesa these are all H&K tones. They just have that certain character and that's the way it was designed. Three amps worth of tones.

AMP1 is something in the Fender territory but so are Mesa Lonestar cleans f.ex. I think this clean sounds like a Diezel clean. Maybe a bit more modern than Fender. The B channel sounds like a hotrodded version of that. It has that RHCP clip overdrive thing going on. :)

AMP2 takes me to modded Marshall land. The channel A is more brittle like a JCM800 but with a lot more gain than any Marshall. The channel B is very saggy and glassy sounding like a plexi. These channels are very similar but the dynamic side is very different.

AMP3 is the high gain amp here. The tonality of the A channel is a bit hard to describe. Maybe the Cornford RK100 sounds quite similar. A british tone but with an american character. The channel B is why I got the amp. It just always sounds good. Even when I try out those idiotic settings in the video. It can sound like many amps like a Diezel or a Recto but I'd like to proudly say it's the "TRIAMP" tone. :) It has a nice character and I LOVE the palm muting sound it makes. :D Just a minor detail.

You can get this amp ridiculously cheap. I got it for 900€. The MKII version is like 3-4000€ new here in Europe and it's basically the same amp. Some people even prefer the MKI.

Let me know what you think and thanks for watching!!

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the review, dl the vid now (have to do that unless im planning on lisyteing on my shitty laptop speakers!)

Gas. Would love to try an MK1 and MK2 side by side to find out what the real difference is aside from the pretty lights

This makes me REALLY regret not picking one up when I had the chance. I could have had it for $800. Nice playing

Great playing. Wes Borland, jp and Andy Timmons, three of my favorite players! Makes me miss the triamp I use to play.

Yup those are strong influences. :) I hope I never get bored with this amp and sell it.

Gas. Would love to try an MK1 and MK2 side by side to find out what the real difference is aside from the pretty lights

I've heard the main difference is that the 2B and 3A channels have been revoiced to be a bit brighter. Also there's a 6L6 version of the MK1 so it'll most likely sound different than an EL34 version. At least the clean channel.

This makes me REALLY regret not picking one up when I had the chance. I could have had it for $800. Nice playing

It's definitely a steal for what you get. I know H&K isn't appreciated much in general but this amp is special. I'm trying to spread the word. :)