Diezel VH4 Died..

schuldiner

Jan 5, 2008
Italy
Hi,
today I was in my reshal room to try my Diezel VH4 all ok..
After 2 hours it stop to sound and all light (channel, loop ecc.) are off.
Power tubes and preamp tubes seems to work fuse are ok but all light are off and no sound come out.
Ideas???

does it start to make some noise when it's turned off? ie if you play into the amp while it's being turned off (w/out using standby, if the VH4 has it) do you hear something briefly that fades away?

Yes I think it's an internal fuse but the head it's 6 days old...and for the warranty I can't open the head.
does it start to make some noise when it's turned off? ie if you play into the amp while it's being turned off (w/out using standby, if the VH4 has it) do you hear something briefly that fades away?

I can hear that the power amp work beacouse if I move pot I can hear some noise but the led in front it's all off and I think that the amp input it's disable now.
It seem that the problem is the management of the channel change, loop and whatever.

The only way it's to send at the repair center...I think

the amp is 6 days old and it broke down on you? not trying to be a douche, but if it's 6 days old and died on you, you probably did something wrong. hooked it up wrong or something. are you using a good solid speaker cable (not in instrument cable) to go to the cab? are you running the right impedance? are you sure it's not the guitar/guitar cable?

the amp is 6 days old and it broke down on you? not trying to be a douche, but if it's 6 days old and died on you, you probably did something wrong. hooked it up wrong or something. are you using a good solid speaker cable (not in instrument cable) to go to the cab? are you running the right impedance? are you sure it's not the guitar/guitar cable?

The power cable it's not a very "good solid speaker cable" but I used without problem with other my head and rack system, the impedance was correct (8 ohm I've a 4x12 mesa cab) and guitar/guitar cable are ok.
I repeat that the power amp seems to work but it don't start the light in front of the head.

No I want to do nothing I've pay 2800€ for this head, I'm not crazy!!
I've asked only for understand if It was a method to fix the problem without open head.