Dimarzio for Alder strat

53Crëw

Jan 31, 2007
If you had to choose a Dimarzio humbucker for the bridge in an alder bodied super strat, what would it be? The tech guy suggested an Air Zone, or maybe a D Sonic, but I know nothing about their pickups, so I thought I'd throw it out to you guys and see what you think.

Thanks.

I recommend a ToneZone. It makes a great combination with an alder Strat. It makes the Strat very fat and full sounding and has alot of bass/low mids. For many guitars it might be a little on the muddy side but for a bright sounding guitar like that it's a great choice. It's very close to the sound of EVH's custom PU's.

If it's got a rosewood fretboard then I fully agree with GuitarMaestro, the ToneZone is the way to go. Fender masterbuilder John Cruz just put one in his limited run of hot rodded '61 relic Strats, the one we have at the store is the most beautiful sounding guitar in the world. The ToneZone has the perfect voiceing to bring out the best from a Strat.

yes, I'm agree with GuitarMaestro, in my prs the tone zone sounded muddy, but for strat I think is a good choice!