Dimebag Darell

Damageinc840

Jackhammer Rape
Mar 18, 2004
Long Island
So we are rapidly approaching the anniversary of Dime's death (Thursday.) Im wondering if anyone has any refliections or things they'd like to say in regards. Personaly I plan on drinking about as much Crown Royale as I possibly can.

I saw him with damageplan, shadows fall, and the haunted (not much of a show, but I figured at 16 dollars how coud i go wrong?) in new orleans on halloween last year. He put shots of wild turkey on the end of his headstock and passed them out into the crowd, and I got one. IT was a fucking blast. I had no idea that I would never have another chance to see him again.

Well Anyone else have any input? Maybe I'm just blowing smoke up a dead dogs ass, but whatever the fuck.

Long live Brother Dime's Memory! Cheers!

never cared much either...
i care more for Quorthon and Valfar, how come they don't get a "death anniversary" thread?!

Celtik Militia said:
never cared much either...
i care more for Quorthon and Valfar, how come they don't get a "death anniversary" thread?!

Maybe because the only people that know of them are so grim they know to leave them in peace. :p

I'm sure they are Einherjer now, in Valhalla.

I dug his music alot and still do. Can't believe it's been one year. Truly a fantastic guy.

As a side note, why would Quorthon and Valfar be in VAlhalla now? As far as I know, they weren't great warriors, so they're probably in Hel. makes sense

Anyone notcie John Lennon and Dimebag Darrel Died on the same Day?
Crazy.

I loved Pantera, but didn't like Damageplan. I remember wakign up watching the news and I heard about it, and it sucked of couse, but that day my school was doing this thing where if you where in a band you can play in some shitty show, and if you sign up you can stay in the school for 24 hours where its one big Jam thing. I signed up for the 24 hour thing because I thought it was going to be fun, when it turned out everyone knew the exact smae songs (seven nation army/smoke ont he water bleechh)

anyway in a corner int he school me and some people held a tiny tribute playing some pantera songs(poorly) for about an hour. Cemetary Gates like 3 times too, bonus.

It was all wicked but i never got into Pantera untill they broke up, and never liked damageplan, and whats worse is all these poser fucks going "RIP DIME YOU WERE THE BEST EVER!!!" when they never heard of him untill the incident (not calling anybody here that, I just know a few kids like that), and if you say somthing like "well Alexi Laiho, Steve Vai, or Randy Rhoads were really good" they dont know who the fuck you are talking about.

I like ot ramble on and not spell things correctly, anyway, don't rcelebrate death, celebrate life, all that good stuff.