Gigantour DVD anyone?

I can appreciate the fact that finally we get some live footage of symphony x (and nevermore!!! Hometown heroes baby!) on dvd, but once you get a real symphony x dvd this is going to be shit.

Actually, it's not terrible overall but not worth paying for. Borrow from a friend, but don't buy.

DoomsdayZach said:
J Dub, disc two is NOT the bonus disc. Bonus disc comes in a paper sleeve, so that is a 3 disc set.

Finally watched it today and am incredibly disappointed in it. It's alright, and i understand it's a festival, but it seems like everything (backstage footage chapters) could ahve been longer and more in depth. The bonus disc is kind of cool, but overall useless. it's just dave talking about how/why each band was chosen for gigantour. Not really worth 20+ dollars.

the new suffocation, on the other hand, slays.

Sounds like I got fucked then.... but if the 3rd disc isn't worth the hassle, I may just deal with it, but it IS supposed to have a bonus disc, and mince didn't. That alone may be reason enough to call B-Buy and threaten to contest the charges until I get the tird disc....Hmmm decisions, decisions.....

J-Dubya

I really think DT should have just let russell sing all of cemetary gates he has a better voice for that song.

Yea actually I thought when I saw SX in Albuquerque,NM they sounded better than on the DVD and I was right in front of MJR should have used that show I'm sure they didn't get to decide probablly dave did does jax or jdub know?

HateCrewDeathroll said:
I've heard Symphony X play way better live...this doesn't show half of what they can do...

Yes, EXACTLY, thank you! I saw them in Jersey (their homestate) and they kicked way more ass. Not to say that they weren't extremely awesome on the DVD, but they have definitely played both songs a thousand times better. Nothing beats that live in Montreal set, Mike Leopond solo is all I have to say http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywhtEbH_0Kg
go ahead, I dare ya!!

Oh, and James LaBrie sucks a fat cock on this dvd (and in general), holy crap he does not belong on the same stage as DT.

_Gentleman of_the Snow_ said:
Have you seen Score?... obviously not! Labrie does such a great job on that recording, it's scary.

It's scary that Russell Allen hasn't eaten James Labrie whole yet.

Dude he is not anywhere near as talented as the rest of DT. You ever hear him when they covered Master of Puppets? Yikes.

Russell Allen is totally on par with every other member of SX, although Romeo is a god, so I don't know about him.

Much more importantly:
Sick Mike Leopond Bass solo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywhtEbH_0Kg

uh Russell Allen was great, James LaBrie just in some parts, but anyway I thought the guitar and drums not to be powerful enough for a pantera song