Gigantour DVD anyone?

MorphineChild205 said:
Yeah, I tried to pick up the DVD at Best Buy yesterday, but they hadn't received it yet!

Ditto....fuggit, I'm 0 for 3 with stuff at the Lake Zurich B-Buy.
I'll just do the ol' mail order & be done with it....

J-Dubya

I was at Best Buy today (picked up 'Score' and PT's Deadwing), and I coudnt find that damn dvd anywhere! On the shelf where it was supposed to be, was a sticker saying 'new release'. Umm, not there, and there was no new releases dvd section. Grr.....

Snowmaker said:
My DVD is here! It didn't come with the "bonus" DVD though. :(

Can't wait to watch the Sympathy X footage! :lol: (They still have not corrected it)

No slipcase 2 cd set? I was expecting them seperately, but I believe disc 2 IS the bonus disc... Got mine today, even though B-Buy online are a complete bunch of fuggups!

J-Dubya

SPOILER

Who, um, hit the home-run ball during the baseball game? It looks alot like Sir Russell.

So people know, alot of the video/audio quality on the bonus disc isn't all that great. Lots of dark areas = hard to see faces. There was a part that was almost pitch black when Russell was talking to the camera which made me wanna tear my hair out.

My friend purchased the DVD a few days ago. We watched a few songs, including both SymX songs. It nearly brought a tear to my eye to finally see SymX live, with DVD quality. The sound was great; as were the performances. They hardly show any Rullo and Pinnella,which is severely disappointing.

I bought it a couple days ago, it's pretty awesome, but i wish they would have put more songs on it. One of the best parts of it was spoting my friend up close poping up and down in the crowd like a ground hog.

I got it last wednesday but I could watch it just yesterday. Symphony X sound great! I'd like more songs but... it is the Gigantour DVD :p
And the Cemetery Gates performed by Dream Theater and singed by LaBrie and Russel Allen is divine... :headbang:

the Gigantour DVD and even the CD are awesome...i listen to it constantly and i watch it constantly...i even have the movie on my iPod.

J Dub, disc two is NOT the bonus disc. Bonus disc comes in a paper sleeve, so that is a 3 disc set.

Finally watched it today and am incredibly disappointed in it. It's alright, and i understand it's a festival, but it seems like everything (backstage footage chapters) could ahve been longer and more in depth. The bonus disc is kind of cool, but overall useless. it's just dave talking about how/why each band was chosen for gigantour. Not really worth 20+ dollars.

the new suffocation, on the other hand, slays.

$13.99 via Amazon is a decent price. I would easily pay double that if every single performance from Montreal was on the disc, but apparently not.

Some good ol' highlights from Symphony X's performance include (SPOILERS):

*Russell chugging a water bottle while soloing occurs, done in the tried and true fashion of tossing the bottle between him and the stagehand.
*Russell giving a not-so-subtle shove to Romeo in the middle of his guitar solo.
*Blinded Romeo
*Russell's shirt obviously giving away the temperature onstage XD.
*The devious tease after Inferno finishes.