Angra DVD

Yngvai X

Dark Emperor
Jul 18, 2002
Woodland Park, NJ
www.myspace.com
I just recieved this and I must say this is the best concert DVD I've ever seen. These guys are so amazing live its unbelievable. I was fortunate enough to see them play in NY last november, and the DVD really captures all the energy of that show I saw. The amount of talent in this band is rediculous...theres a bass/guitar duel before their cover of Number of the Beast and the only thing I can say about it is: :OMG: Kiko dishes out a frenzy of economy/alternate picking and multiple finger tapping legato lines that would make Rusty Cooley wet his pants, and their bassist is the craziest metal bass player Ive ever seen next to John Myung.

The songs are mostly from Rebirth, but some classics are in there, (Angels Cry, Metal Icarus, Make Believe, Nothing to Say, Carry On, and Time) sounding much better with Edu on vocals (tho he did sound way better on them when I saw them in NY, tho that was nearly a year after this DVD was filmed). There is also extra footage of them performing Hunters and Prey and "Batacuda" (a percussion thing where every member is playing some percussion - amazing!) in Japan, as well as the music videos for Rebirth and some other song Im not familiar with called Pre Brasil or something (dont remember exactly off the top of my head) AND behind the scenes/tour footage from Brazil, Japan, Taiwan, and Europe, as well as video of them playing Nova Era and Acid Rain at Rock Machina and Wacken Open Air (respectively).

A great DVD and a must have for anyone into this band.

I've been waiting for this for a long time, but no one seems to know, when it'll be released in Europe :yell:
If someone knows about this, please tell me! I'm dying here...
cry.gif

Kiko dishes out a frenzy of economy/alternate picking and multiple finger tapping legato lines that would make Rusty Cooley wet his pants, and their bassist is the craziest metal bass player Ive ever seen next to John Myung.

HOLY SHIT! Rustey Cooley, are you smoking somthing Yngvai X? Are you sure that isn't a little bit far fetched?? John Myung?? If you say more than Rusty, I'm defenately getting it!

But I've got one question. What is the region code and everything? is it NTSC or PAL?

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
HOLY SHIT! Rustey Cooley, are you smoking somthing Yngvai X? Are you sure that isn't a little bit far fetched?? John Myung?? If you say more than Rusty, I'm defenately getting it!

But I've got one question. What is the region code and everything? is it NTSC or PAL?

Maybe not quite as fast as Rusty, but I'll tell you one thing, I havent seen many others tap with 3 fingers on their right hand and play runs that start on the left, then something with the right, then back to left...I was mostly just trying to find another player out there that was adept at both picking and multiple finger tapping with that comparison...but Kiko still completely smokes...he's in the same league as a guy like Romeo. And I stand by my comparison between Filipe and Myung.

its NTSC and the region code is 0.

SHITSHITSHITSHITFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK!!!!

I can't play it !!!!!
I'm pissed off. First off, my PS2 and shit-house TV only playes PAL and in Australia all the DVD players only play region 4's unless you get a more expencive one. Thats it this is like the 5th time this has happened. It happened with Star One, Ring of Fire, DT - Live in NY, John Petrucci - Rock Disipline, ect.

That it! I'm getting a new DVD player! and thats it! I'm going to save up money and get a good one.

Malta said:
The Name of the extra on the dvd is batucada ....... and kiko is awsome....and aquiles drum solo too.. and subtitles for non-brazilians that was cool.

d'oh that was it, I mixed up the u and a ;) :p. Anyway, since you're Brazilian, do you know what that Pre Frente Brasil clip is? (sorry if Im misspelling that). Its pretty cool, but I dont remember it on any of their albums or anything.

Yngvai X said:
d'oh that was it, I mixed up the u and a ;) :p. Anyway, since you're Brazilian, do you know what that Pre Frente Brasil clip is? (sorry if Im misspelling that). Its pretty cool, but I dont remember it on any of their albums or anything.

R*O*C*K*S* said:
Pra Frente Brasil: (this is a popular brazilian song made in the 70's as a theme to our soccer team for the 1970 World Cup, Angra made a heavy metal version for 2002 World Cup and it ROCKED)

;)