Dimebag Darrell was killed tonight...

First off, it would never happen. REAL metalheads are far too civilized and respectful for this, and it would take lots of pre-medidated action, because of the cost of tickets, the fact they sell out months before the show, etc... An act like this is obviously quite whimsical in nature.

Secondly, there would be no need for the cops to come in to take care of the perpetrator because I bet you at least 9 out of 10 PP-ers would be on this guy like stink on shit, risking anything to prevent further damage to any other band member, metalhead or even guitar. Once detained, the psychopath wannabe would then learn the meaning of suffering as thousands of upset metalheads would make sure they got their own 2cents of punishment in if/before the more lenient and corrupt judicial system got a hold of him.

Heavy Metal is NOT a music genre. Nor is it a democracy, judicial system, form of simple entertainment, pragmatic cult, or whatever politically correct jargon you want to use to describe it.
Heavy Metal IS a tight, respectful, civilized and appreciative BROTHERHOOD and family.

I was never a HUGE pantera fan, but I was a fan nonetheless. And despite my wimpy fragile nature I would have had no second thoughts about going after this jerkwad myself (if logic wasn't totally against it, ie: he was 500 feet across the floor and on stage and I have to run on the backs of thousands of people where I could be singled out easily with plenty of time to aim a gun at my head)

I think that anyone around the area this happened should take time off to visit this guys funeral or grave and summon up the most mucus-filled spit you can muster to equate the vile disrespect he has given us.

Imagine the shit that is going to go around now... how "heavy metal is violent and causes murderous actions/intent" ... one f***stick ruins it for the whole.

I disagree. This could happen anytime anywhere, no matter the cost, the venue, or the situation. People get killed everyday in strange places. Someone here was shot in a dentist office while getting their teeth cleaned a while back. There are insane fucked up people in every walks of life, including Prog/Power metal....to say it would never happen is a very shallow statement indeed.... people are people no matter what they are into.... it is not the music, it is the fucked up state of mind. It could happen at any show....this guy did not even pay to get in, he jumped a fence and came in the back door. Come on, don't be so smug. I think the Progpower people are the coolest crowd that I have yet to be fortunate to be meet. But anyone can go, and who is to say they can't be insane.

I only met Dime once or twice but my roommate Tim knew him really well (had his phone number, etc.) It didn't really 'hit' him until last night during our WREKage broadcast. We were all totally saddened, not just by the news, but at how it suddenly hit Tim. :(

There are innumerable tributes going on, from MusicChoice cable to radio stations, etc. We changed much of our show's format over to a tribute this past Friday night -- turned out pretty good for an ad-hoc effort, and we had some outstanding listener suggestions.

http://www.wrekage.org --> WREKage radio (playlist and comments will display)

Click on "Listen to WREKage" at top to listen to the archived mp3 stream (show started a bit late, at 11:55pm or so, due to live Tech volleyball coverage).

Travel gently, Darrell. The spirit will carry on.

i had just seen damageplan on sun. night in clifton park, ny. i totally cant believe this, a guitar god dead. RIP DIMEBAG.........