dimebag

This is awful.. Same day that John Lennon was killed too... I'm so sick to my stomach I dont know what to think..
-manda

i hope more people take notice of this loss. I'm just stopping by to see what everyone says about this. RIP bro. This is truely fucking gay, and i say the shooter got off easy. This is one of those situatons where he should have been literally ripped appart limb by limb. This fucker had no soul to do what he did.

This is just friggin' insane..RIP, Darrell & the others who lost their lives.

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/3983630/detail.html

At Least 5 Dead, 2 Wounded In Nightclub Shooting
Witnesses: Alleged Gunman Went Onto Stage, Fired Shots

POSTED: 10:32 pm EST December 8, 2004
UPDATED: 2:27 am EST December 9, 2004
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- At least five people died and two others were wounded after a shooting at a Columbus nightclub on Wednesday night, NBC 4 reported.

The shooting took place shortly after 10 p.m. at Alrosa Villa, located at 5055 Sinclair Rd.

Two members of the heavy metal band Damageplan were reportedly shot and killed, including Dimebag Darrell, formerly with the band Pantera, NBC 4's David Wayne reported. The other band member's name was not released. The alleged gunman also died at the scene, Wayne reported.

Shortly after the band began playing its first song, a man reportedly ran onto the stage and began shooting, according to a witness who identified himself as Sean. Some members of the audience reportedly thought the man running onto the stage with a gun was part of the band's act, NBC 4's Erin Tate reported.

Witnesses said that several shots were fired at the band before a bouncer tackled the gunman before he was shot and killed.

Columbus police Sgt. Brent Mull said the shooter appeared to be targeting the band members. After opening fire on the stage, the gunman turned on the crowd. At that point, an officer shot the man dead, Mall added. Police said there could have been many more fatalities had the officer not killed the gunman.

NBC 4 reported that of the surviving victims, one person was in critical condition while the other was in fair condition. Several others were treated at the scene, suffering from various injuries.

Alrosa Villa is a popular north Columbus nightspot for young adults, featuring rock and heavy metal bands, NBC 4 reported.

According to the band's Web site, Damageplan was touring nationally. It performed in Buffalo, N.Y., on Tuesday night and had a concert scheduled in Flint, Mich., on Thursday.

Damageplan featured former Pantera artists Dimebag Darrell and Vinnie Paul. The pair were joined by vocalist Patrick Lachman and bassist Bobzilla, according to their Web site.

That other who got killed is vinnie paul... so vinnie paul and dimebag darrel! pantera was my first heavy band what i started to listen when i was....6 year old.

Someone supposedly talked to Vinnie after the shooting, & he's not listed among the confirmed dead so far, so he may still be around..we'll know more once things settle down & the reports are more clear.

A sad day in music. Dimebag was a major influence to me, growing up in Texas, and to many others all over the world. I am glad to have seen him shred on several occasions, and cite some of those shows as my favorite concerts.
I can't imagine what would make someone do that, but I guess we will know when the details become public.
He will be missed.

I'm afraid I don't really know anything about his work, but this is really horrible to hear. I really hope that those responsible will be punished to the furthest extent of the law, because this is really, truly sick.

Rose Immortal said:
I'm afraid I don't really know anything about his work, but this is really horrible to hear. I really hope that those responsible will be punished to the furthest extent of the law, because this is really, truly sick.
The man who was responsible was shot & killed by a policeman, so some might say he got what he had coming.

I loved his playing. although I left PanterA aside in the past few years.
I thank (and I believe the whole metal world should) him for his huge donnation to the heavy metal guitar world. aspecialy for the powerfull sound and the great Riff and rythm ideas.

.....what a way to go.....

Lady of the Oracle said:
The man who was responsible was shot & killed by a policeman, so some might say he got what he had coming.
I would say the man responsible got what he wanted. He had to have understood the penalty for commiting such an act, so being dead is far worse than what he deserved...

To be brutally raped and tortured in a true pound-me-in-the-ass prison the rest of his pathetic waste of life.

But he is dead now...and that is that.

Dimebag, you played a very important role in shaping me and so many others as musicians, MJR included.

We will miss you. :(

R.I.P. Dimebag. I was never a Pantera fan, but it's sad that this would happen to someone who made such a huge contribution to metal. I wonder how MJR feels, he's a big Pantera fan and all.

This is a tragedy. I can't say Dimebag was a big influence on me, but the other guitarist in my band has been crying since he's heard the news. Dimebag was the reason he picked up a guitar.

Rest in peace, buddy. You'll be missed by the metal world.

before i got into the prog scene, i was big into Pantera. this is terrible news. im glad vinnie's alright, but i can't imagine how he's feeling about this. 12/8/04. it will never be the same...

:OMG:

Pantera.... I hail it. :worship:

What could drive somebody to commit such a sin against the lord of a band like Pantera? My opinion: that guy who killed Dimebag was a worthless maggot who had no right to influence the course of music. This is obvious.

I just listened to Cemetary Gates last weekend on the way home from Michigan, and I was beginning a Pantera revival (I think you all know what I mean). What a horrible thing to happen.

I don't mean to lessen the seriousness of this issue, but... really.... it should have been Linkin Park....

Dimebag, you are in the halls of Odin. Keep rocking. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: