Dimefest IV is here! Possibility to mix various songs for the upcoming dvd!!

acappa

Alex Cappa TMF Studios
Hey! One more year Dimefest IV (Dimebag darrell tribute in spain) comes to town! This time we have a good starting point to make this event so epic as we recorded triggers, ambience as long as the regular miced signals. Last year, a buddy from here "fin" mixed two songs with excellent results. The reason why I´m offering this is because the promotion agency wants to mix the whole show (In my contract there were only 15 songs) and I thought that could be a good idea letting you guys improve your mixing skills by trying to mix this live shit.

TRACKS ARE IN 48 KHZ AND 24 BITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The songs available will be IMPORTANT SONGS, as Cowboys from Hell, Shattered, The great southern......
The video is mixed with 5 cameras, so the quality is pretty high.
So before I begin posting the tracks I´d like to know if there´s enough people around here interested. Sadly I cannot offer money for this work, but I can ASSURE you that your complete name will be released in the dvd credits as long as the audio version credits (youtube, facebook, etc)

I´ll upload to my server 4-5 songs, you can try to mix the one you like the most, once everyone has their tracks I´ll post a deadline and choose the best mix. I won´t need a super proffesional/perfect mix, but I advice you that some edits (cut/paste some riffs, etc) had to be done to have some consistency. On my side, I´m using some slate samples blended with originals, exactly Panty snare&kick, so if any of you have Slate, I´d beg you to use the same to maintain some coherence.

To make my proposition more "tasty" I will share a preview/premix of one song so all of you guys can see this is serious, and may be this will add some experience to your carreers, but please, don´t post it, or share it anyware because if this happens I will get killed and you guys will sleep no more cause of that.

BECOMING DIMEFEST IV

So, let the dimefest contest begin!!

Hey mates, sorry for the delay:

First songs is almost uploaded to my server, it´s five minutes alone, next one coming is Fucking Hostile, yeah!!:devil:

Well, I´ve created a folder called Dimefest Tracks, you will find the file inside. You´ll need a server manager like filezilla to download the track.
Please, send me a PM those interested and I´ll gladly answer with the login & password.

Cheers!!

I'd love to do this, I had a great time trying (and failing) last year. Sadly I don't have time this year. Can't wait to hear the results though.