dimmu borgir and nick barker

sate_in

black metal musician
Mar 18, 2004
kansas
what does everyone think of nick barkers departure from dimmu borgir? personally i think it sucks...but oh well...i am just curious as to where he will go afterwards

Guardian of Darkness said:
Oh, I think it's dreadful, I hope they won't stop being the true black metal kings.
*sacrasm detector explodes*

Anyway I don't think Barker was that great......all of his drums sound exactly the same and he is either blasting or double bass rolling.......really fucking boring

Hahaha, he looks hilarious in every band picture ever. I think he just plays double bass as fast as possible so that he can lose some weight and not like like such a fucking moron.

you people are ignorant of great drumming.....he was much better than tjodalv.....more technical than any other black metal drummer i've seen.....and if you want to hear him play acoustic drums listen to lock up......blah..and i can discern from all the stuff he plays quite easily.....blah!!!!

The drummer on Stormblast was more creative than Barker, and really....who needs another unoriginal drum blaster like Barker? I could program a drum machine on double bass for an entire song and replace this guy.

I'd like to hear more drummers as imaginative as Fenriz was on "Soulside Journey".

sate_in said:
you people are ignorant of great drumming.....he was much better than tjodalv.....more technical than any other black metal drummer i've seen.....and if you want to hear him play acoustic drums listen to lock up......blah..and i can discern from all the stuff he plays quite easily.....blah!!!!
OOOooh he has really fast blast beats and plays them during the whole fucking song.....I need creativity and variety not just speed alone.......I'll take Kevin Talley anyday

dill_the_devil said:
Oooh, Proscriptor, good call. I love his work in Absu, but I ain't heard anything by Melechesh yet.

Melechesh...hm. Proscriptor's drumming is not as speedy and fill-filled as Tara, but then again, most of Absu's older stuff isn't that overly amazing.

he is an amazing drummer, and its a shame he left, hopefully he will go onto do great things, and just because hes fat dosnt mean he cant drum, stupid fucks