dimmu borgir type strings...

Jan 23, 2006
hey guys, im interested in getting some real good string sounds for my studio, i want strings, cellos id like horns, and other various orchestra sounds. i want to be able to do string sounds like dimmu borgir, and other black metal bands, as well as mostly random string parts in pop songs, not full only orchestra peices. what can you guys reccomend? i run logic pro on a dual 2.0 g5 with 2.5 gigs of ram. all i have are the samplers that come with logic. would i need to get a better sampler too?

also random question about writing the parts in midi, how would i tell a sequencer, such as the EXS24 or whatever one i buy to "play notes differently" like legato, or picking notes, or long bows, or short notes. do i have to write that all in the notation editor? or can i do it from piano roll? im not too experienced in all this midi stuff sorry for the dumb questions

ian

there is a native instrument that do what you want. I think Dan Swano used it in Diabolical Masquerade's Death's Design.

check that out

edit: oh, I think is that eastwest symphonic that is mention up, sorry

:Smokin: yeah i was thinking about the garritan or the east west orchestra packs, which one do you guys think is more bang-for-your-buck

ian

I prefer ik multimedias philharmonik, less synthy than east west, although east west is reeeealy good

philharmonik is not even remotely close to east west platinum series...

I believe so far, east west/quantum leaps symphonic orchestra platinum + the
XP upgrade is the most complete orchestra library. (Although Vienna has more
articulations per instruments I think).