Dimmu Borgir vs Cradle Of Filth

fps

Sep 20, 2003
two of the most controversial extreme metal bands, due to their subject matter, their images, and their comparatively huge success. each is a huge guilty pleasure to more than a few otherwise reasonable metalheads. simple- which one do you like more? or, if you hate them both, which would you eradicate? i think i like filth more, good lyrics, excellent silliness factor.

both bands also have new albums out right now.

Dimmu Borgir, Dani Filths vocals have always ruined them. In a perfect would people wouldn't exist.

whose new album is better?

i think dimmu are relentless but there is something distinctively lush about cradle, even though the drumming can be pretty dull, if technically excellent, i like the vocals, the rhythms that get thrown in, and they've had some underrated guitarists.

Cradle of Filth has great guitar playing, but I can't get into the band and listen to them on a basis because other things are grating. Dimmu Borgir are probably one of the worst metal bands have heard. I've not thought Cradle of Filth were one of the worst metal bands.

Dimmu is better than CoF, end of.

Post-EDT Dimmu is still a fucking joke though. Props to llama for mentioning Summoning instead.

Honestly I would probably end up liking COF if Dani wasn't in the band. His vocals kill their music completely.