Dimmu Borgir

tedvanfrehley

Your Favorite Uncle
May 28, 2003
the bluegrass state
Visit site
I'm seeing these guys a lot in print, lately. The new Revolver magazine has a pretty cool write up on them. I've not heard them, though. What do you guys think? Are they worth checking out?!?!?! And what albums? Is the new one any good?
Ted

tedvanfrehley said:
I'm seeing these guys a lot in print, lately. The new Revolver magazine has a pretty cool write up on them. I've not heard them, though. What do you guys think? Are they worth checking out?!?!?! And what albums? Is the new one any good?
Ted

Thats a good question I have read alot about them myself But have yet to hear them :loco:

I like Dimmu Borgir. A lot. They are symphonic blackened metal. Very talented. Their last two are outstanding (Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia and Death Cult Armageddon) and I like Enthrone Darkness Triumphant quite a bit as well. If you're not really into this "modern" black metal sound, you probably won't like them but I for one believe they live up to all the hype.

I have heard some tracks from both of the previously mentioned records.
I think they are "good." Though not anything that you can't live without. I would describe their image as "goofy." The stereo typical black metal type thing, inverted crosses, spikes, ect...

"I would describe their image as "goofy" made me laugh aloud. The one and only SIXXSWINE, a Great American.

And what's wrong with liking a little VAN HALEN as well as Death Metal?!?! I think I got pigeonholed above by that one dude....
Ted

tedvanfrehley said:
"I would describe their image as "goofy" made me laugh aloud. The one and only SIXXSWINE, a Great American.

And what's wrong with liking a little VAN HALEN as well as Death Metal?!?! I think I got pigeonholed above by that one dude....
Ted

Sixx is always good for laugh :) There is nothing wrong with Liking Van Halen & Death Metal It all falls under the Umbrella of Heavy Metal Right? I am at this very moment Listening to Saigon Kick I may listen to Morbid Angel or Pungent Stench or COF next who knows :)

Dimmu Borgir is a great band, but i'm a huge fan of most Black metal so my opinion really means nothing

but if you are judging their greatness because magazines are talking about them then you probably won't be into them, because your comment sounds more like you are a teeny into mainstream rock =/

ShadowOfDeath said:
Dimmu Borgir is a great, your comment sounds more like you are a teeny into mainstream rock =/
I PERSONALLY KNOW TVF & I CAN TELL YOU HE IS NO TRENDWHORE! AND HE'S PROBABLY OLDER THAN YOU THINK. I LIKE TVF, LIKE HEARING FROM PEOPLE THAT ARE INTO THESE UNDERGROUND BANDS JUST TO SEE WHAT THEY ARE LIKE. I THINK MAINSTREAM STUFF IS
BORING & YOU MUST CHECK OUT STUFF THAT'S FRESH...
OTHERWISE WE'D WIND UP LIKE CURT KOBAIN?!
HAD I NOT ASKED A SIMILAR QUESTION ON THIS VERY BOARD I WOULD HAVE NEVER HEARD SINNER, SEVEN WITCHES, ARCH ENEMY & A HANDFUL OF OTHER BANDS...
RESPECT YOUR ELDERS!

ShadowOfDeath said:
Dimmu Borgir is a great band, but i'm a huge fan of most Black metal so my opinion really means nothing

but if you are judging their greatness because magazines are talking about them then you probably won't be into them, because your comment sounds more like you are a teeny into mainstream rock =/

A remark like that is best saved for when you have 200 posts or more please refrain from the mudslinging our else we will bounce you :) TVF is a good guy try talkin to him instead of dissin him